Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Quiet airfield some way to the east of the city, we stopped for fuel ( more on that in a minute!!)
They have a substantial 1600m hard runway and new terminal we were told was now for everyone but originally aimed at the locos which didnt come and now for bizjets (we didnt see any), though they still have a grass runway for the active gliding club on site. When thecdouane are not there for a bizjet, you access the terminal/airside/landside through a gate with a code explained on the attached sign - two numbers given, then the frequency, pretty standard for France. Customs & imigration available with 24hrs notice.

Landing fee a reasonable €7.50. :thumleft:

Now, the AIP states "fuel by BP card or during AFIS hours". So I actually called to confirm that fuel would be available if I didnt have a BP card and was assured that as long as it wasnt out of hours - ie lunchtime/weekend, then "don worry , we 'ave a man will comb to euoo" ... what the chap failed to say was that his "little man" coming out to turn on the fuel pump and key in a BP number would cost me a €25 mandatory fueling service charge :shock: ..!!! So that will be a €32.50 fuel stop then... :eye: quite expdnsive by french standards. I was more annoyed not to be told in advance when I called, than by the cost, considering the facilities at the airport though.

So to sum up: if you have a BP card, great, if not be aware "fueling charge"!!

Regards, SD..
Awful Charlie liked this