Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By joe-fbs
Visited a couple of weeks ago after it being on my metaphorical list for a while. I've rather avoided it because of the limited runway lengths in all the flight guides (799 and 650 metres). Turns out the the useable distance is not quite so limited and I need not have waited to be flying something with good field performance. Anyway a great spot. Lovely grass runway. Easy to spot for a straight-in from several miles away. It is in a holiday park so all of its amenities are within a couple of hundred metres. A miniature steam railway terminates at the end of the runway but appears to be operating only rarely. About a three quarter mile walk to the road where there are frequent open top buses into Skegness town with its beach, donkey rides, amusement arcades, ice cream stands and so on. Great fun on a nice day. A little past the bus stop is a beach area with a couple of pubs and a fish and chip shop. All good cheap basic fun. One could bring a tent and camp close to the aeroplane. Landing fee for a 1100kg Maule (or any single engine) was a mere £7. Twice or three times that would be reasonable. IIRC microlights are less and twins a little more. Recommended.
flybymike liked this