Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lyon Bron looks good as lunch/snack stop from Troyes-Barbery to Cannes - it's more or less half-way. Any opinions? Any better suggestions? (We may go direct - just planning in case Viv fancies a break).
By TLRippon
Possibly on AD but it is a big AD. Been through there a lot over the years and always used the vending machines in the FBO. Never been exploring though, always either straight into town or onto somewhere else.
By Adrian
It's good and there is a restaurant on the field,. It's called l'Assiette, and is worth a visit. http://www.lassiette.eu

A nearby alternative, if you speak some basic aeronautical French, is Villefranche Tarare (LFHV), which is my home base. There's self-service fuel, a good restaurant (closed on Mondays), and a tremendously helpful airfield manager. It's a lovely place to visit.
Last edited by Adrian on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Pete L
Thanks Adrian!

B*gger. Spoilt for choice now. Wonder if I can fit in two French lunches and still get to Cannes for suppertime. L'assiette also has some mention of parking the aircraft outside.
By GrahamB
Lyon Bron is fine, I go there twice a year at least. The restaurant overlooks the top end of the light GA parking, which the pumps adjoin on the other side. You can exit the parking area via a turnstile right next to the restaurant, so you really can’t miss it.

To get back airside requires a 5 minute walk up to the GA terminal at the posh end where the biz jets go, and where you settle your bill.

Expect to arrive and depart via the VRPs; inbound ATC will normally ask you to route overhead the tower to join mid downwind - all circuits are to the east.
By A le Ron
Go there regularly. Can confirm all the above.
By gasman
The on-site restaurant is excellent and very popular with locals.
However at my last visit we may have made Les Rosbifs less welcome............

My (ex) flying partner insisted on ruining his meal with tomatoe ketchup.
A very old unopened bottle was eventually produced.
In his attempts to bash the congealed ketchup from the bottle he managed to spray several Gendarmes at the accompanying table. :oops:
By Rob P
Tomatoe?

What bizarre affliction is this? Will antibiotics clear it up? Can he walk in spite of it? :?
By David Viewing
That restaurant was very busy during my visit last week and the FBO pretty hopeless with onward travel options due to bad weather on the coast. Eventually continued to Avignon which is very convenient with a hotel right at the airport. Bron is a nice airport though and excellent ATC.
By GrahamB
David Viewing wrote:That restaurant was very busy during my visit last week and the FBO pretty hopeless with onward travel options due to bad weather on the coast. Eventually continued to Avignon which is very convenient with a hotel right at the airport. Bron is a nice airport though and excellent ATC.

If you ever do get stuck at Lyon, there is a reasonably priced small Kyriad hotel about 400 metres from l'Assiette,
By Pete L
As recommended by GrahamB and others

This is Lyon's second airport for bizjets and regional flights. Proper airport but not as busy as Cannes.

Large restaurant on site with direct access from GA area - we just had ice cream and juice cos we were in a hurry. Graham says there's a Kyriad more or less on site.

Fair walk from restaurant N back to GA terminal.

Fueller will take credit card. Ground/tower will order fuel for you.

23.06 euros for short stay.

AVGAS 2.13/L
By Rob P
Pete L wrote:23.06 euros for short stay.

The bill for the Mousecatcher on our way to the Raduno arrived in the post this week. (No interest charge)

Rob P
By jtuggey
Looking to fly from Annecy to Lyon Bron. Do I have to fly south around LSE or is it possible to get a transit across LSE?