Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Rob P
jtuggey wrote:Looking to fly from Annecy to Lyon Bron. ... is it possible to get a transit across LSE?

I don't know, but looking at the chart it would appear you might be expected to cross routeing via the VRPs EA > MC >TE > TW > MS

If I was flying I would propose that to whichever station was providing my FIS and see what happens. Chances are you would find it no issue at all.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Looking at the visual approach chart for Saint Exupery, it does have VFR entry lanes from east and west, as pointed out by Rob. A direct routing would take you through LFP9 which will be a ‘no go’, but staying clear of that, they may allow such a transit via that airport’s VFR entry lanes, as shown below.

Similarly, Lyon Bron does show a visual approach via Saint Exupery’s western visual approach route.

Have a ‘Plan B’ up your sleeve which goes around the outside and joins Bron from one of its other entry points, NA, NW or SA.

Iceman 8)
By jtuggey
Thanks Rob and Iceman - appreciate the replies. I should have looked more carefully at the Bron plates. Will update if I actually get to France!
Have you flown into Annecy? Any top tips?
By Rob P
I have sat in the RH seat into Annecy, it all seemed very straight forward, but then the pilot I was with makes everything seem easy. The scenery on the way was spectacular.

Annecy was lovely, and we had a stonking meal there.

Rob P
Iceman, 2Donkeys liked this
By A le Ron
I use Bron regularly. Gasman of this parish had been to annecy. As he is a Sherburn regular I’m sure he can advise you!
By Iceman
I’ve been in to Annecy twice, both times for Flyer fly-outs, the last time about four years ago when Gasman was also present (I had Paul Sengupta and Charles Hunt as passengers). A superb, beautiful destination. On the last fly-out, we hired boats to take us around the lake and for lunch on the far side. Many good restaurants and bars, as well as spectacular scenery.

Customs was available (on request) for direct flights to and from the UK. The airport is tower controlled and fuel is available. Bits of high ground around the airport to miss and close proximity to Geneva controlled airspace to be aware of. All in all, a simple experience, as is flying in most of France.

Iceman 8)
A le Ron, Rob P liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
jtuggey wrote:Thanks Rob and Iceman - appreciate the replies. I should have looked more carefully at the Bron plates. Will update if I actually get to France!
Have you flown into Annecy? Any top tips?

All flying in France is pleasant and easy.

Dito Annecy.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
One thing to note about Annecy (one of my favourite foreign flying destinations) is that parking is charged per hour and the grass is half the price of the main apron. It is not expensive, but worth considering for a longer stay. Total for landing fee and overnight parking is about £30 for < 1 tonne.