Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By akg1486
I can't believe there wasn't a thread about Lelystad here! I know there are forumites based there. But here's the view from an outsider, then.

We had EHLE as a fuel/lunch stop recently. The instructions are easy to find in SD or Mobile FliteDeck VFR: enter from the south-east at 700 feet and join right-hand downwind for 05 or left-hand downwind for 23. It can be quite busy at times, but we didn't have to wait to find a slot in the circuit. Landing fee for a PA28 was 22.52 EUR.

There's a restaurant around half-way of the runway where you can sit on the roof with an excellent view. The daily special was around 11 EUR. The restaurant has free WiFi.

We didn't visit the museum, unfortunately.
By A le Ron
If approaching from the coast, is it acceptable to overfly the field above circuit height to reach the joining lane at point bravo?
By joe-fbs
A timely thread revival thank you. Our son has just got a nine month study place at Utrecht so we are hoping to fly to see him while he is there and Lelysted is the nearest suitable place, I think. So, any other tips please? I am thinking coast out at Dover then at the FIR boundary turn left and start descending. Maybe stop at Oostende, continue along the coast a little then turn inland, descend to Netherlands required low height and thread our way to Lelysted.

I am VFR only once past the FIR boundary.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It’s only 258nm (110nm over water) direct from Turweston, including a bit of twiddling around to avoid things, and entering the zone from the SE.

AA5s keep going over water, unless they run out of fuel.

(Avgas €2.636 per litre though. Ouch)
By A le Ron
We went direct-ish from Sherburn at the weekend. We had a good mini break in Amsterdam, but as Graham says, Dutch fuel prices are eye watering. We would have had enough to do the round trip without refuelling, but owing to the marginal weather I wanted sufficient for a significant diversion without stress (in the event this proved unnecessary).

All my other comments regarding Lelystad are positive, and I would encourage a visit.