Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

#1536212
This sticky thread is here to point pilots towards a list of French customs airfields.

The list is here - designed to provide a good solid and reliable list.
https://www.onlinegar.com/frenchcustoms.olg

You should use this list to help your initial planning, but then once you've decided on your destination you should also check the information yourself by checking AIP, NOTAM and contacting the airport.

Some background:
The system of choosing which airfields you can land at is confusing. You need to look in several places, and even then occasionally you'll be told something different when you contact the destination. This list is designed to pull all this together and save you having to follow the steps below

First, You need to look at the official ports of entry
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 7XC0413(02)

However there are some airfields that have made local arrangements to provide customs even though they are not on the official ports of entry. So...

Then check the AIP:
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr ... fr-FR.html

But the AIP can be very slow to be updated. So....

Then check the NOTAMS....

But occasionally NOTAMS aren't in place for some things too. So....

Then the website of the airfield.

But the websites are variable in quality. So....

Then contact the airport.

There's another thread that discusses this list, so if you have any comments post them on the old thread for now, until the list is "final".
Old thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104154
Rob P, G-BLEW, Dave W and 4 others liked this
#1536230
carlmeek wrote:This sticky thread is here to point pilots towards a list of French customs airfields.

The list is here - designed to provide a good solid and reliable list.
https://www.onlinegar.com/frenchcustoms.olg

You should use this list to help your initial planning, but then once you've decided on your destination you should also check the information yourself by checking AIP, NOTAM and contacting the airport.

Some background:
The system of choosing which airfields you can land at is confusing. You need to look in several places, and even then occasionally you'll be told something different when you contact the destination. This list is designed to pull all this together and save you having to follow the steps below

First, You need to look at the official ports of entry
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 7XC0413(02)

However there are some airfields that have made local arrangements to provide customs even though they are not on the official ports of entry. So...

Then check the AIP:
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr ... fr-FR.html

But the AIP can be very slow to be updated. So....

Then check the NOTAMS....

But occasionally NOTAMS aren't in place for some things too. So....

Then the website of the airfield.

But the websites are variable in quality. So....

Then contact the airport.

There's another thread that discusses this list, so if you have any comments post them on the old thread for now, until the list is "final".
Old thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104154

Seeing that lot is enough to put anyone off ever wanting to fly to France :) :roll: .

ps - I thought *though I may be wrong * that the Cherbourg thing was only 24hours PPR if you actually needed proper Customs, and not just having your passports checked for immigration purposes?
#1536234
GrahamB wrote:ps - I thought *though I may be wrong * that the Cherbourg thing was only 24hours PPR if you actually needed proper Customs, and not just having your passports checked for immigration purposes?


From: "bse-cherbourg@douane.finances.gouv.fr" <bse-cherbourg@douane.finances.gouv.fr>
To: Donald Walker <patowalker@ ...>
Sent: Friday, 27 January 2017, 9:51
Subject: Re: Douanes - Aéroport de Cherbourg Maupertus

Bonjour,

Le service intervient sur l'aéroport de Cherbourg-Maupertus sur préavis 24 heures avant l'arrivée ou le départ des vols extra-Schengen ou pour toute demande particulière nécessitant la présence de la Douane.
Les préavis de vols extra-Schengen sont à communiquer à l'adresse suivante : bse-cherbourg@douane.finances.gouv.fr

Cordialement

David HARFAUX
DOUANE - BSE CHERBOURG

GrahamB liked this
#1536398
V helpful post, thank you.

As I often make the decision to go the evening before, I was interested to know which airports require less than 12h notice. I found just 11 custom airports within an approximate 2 h range of the UK south coast:
Calais
Chalons
Chateauroux*
Deauville*
Dinard*
La Rochelle
Le Havre
Le Touquet
Lille*
Rouen
Tours

*Of those only 4 dont require notice if arriving during working hours

I guess it will only get worse. :cry:
#1536848
Carl,
The Metz Nancy Lorraine LFJL caution can be removed, as it is on the list of ports of entry. The airport email address is info(at)lorraineairport.com
I would suggest that because Customs at Metz is O/R, as opposed to PNR, it would be prudent to seek confirmation that the douaniers have been advised.
Regards
Donald
#1537462
Clearprop1 wrote:As I often make the decision to go the evening before, I was interested to know which airports require less than 12h notice. I found just 11 custom airports within an approximate 2 h range of the UK south coast:
...
Le Touquet
Lille*
...
*Of those only 4 don't require notice if arriving during working hours


I don't know anyone who has ever sent a notification to L2K. Everyone seems to just turn up. How much trouble can one get into?
#1537641
We went through Albert last Friday, Sylvain Delobel one of the managers there said that they were keen to encourage more traffic there. We sent one email for the 12 hour clearance but he said that the form on their website automatically goes to customs, this is the link : https://www.aeroportalbertpicardie.com/ ... rmalities/.
They expect a formal customs post to be established during the next year and they hope that the notice period will be reduced to 6 hours by then.
Coffee is available but there is no restaurant. The landing fee was 8 euros.