A section for pictures that we haven't used, and for some of the story behind the story.
By Dominic
Loved the Aeronca Champ article. I reckon the Flyer mag needs more of these articles for the lower cost end of flying.

Now, where do I find a Champ group in Yorkshire :D
By Rich V
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The article's lead picture of the Champ against the background of trees and autumn leaves is quite delightful, and I believe may have been the work of photographer Ed Hicks (although no attribution is given in the article).

Echo Delta: no additional photos of the Champ have yet been uploaded to Editorial Extras, as promised in the article - can I give you a gentle nudge??

Oh, and finally ....
Monocock wrote:The Champ is a very cool and capable little aeroplane, and very under valued in the market place.

+1 :thumleft:

:D
By EdH
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Rich V wrote:The article's lead picture of the Champ against the background of trees and autumn leaves is quite delightful, and I believe may have been the work of photographer Ed Hicks (although no attribution is given in the article).

Thanks Rich, yes that was one of mine. A couple of hours earlier in the morning you couldn't see across the airfield, so when it cleared up to provide such a magic autumnal scene, I was pretty happy.

I've put the shot on my Flickr page, if anyone wants it as a desktop image.

Aeronca Champ G-ATHK by Ed Hicks, on Flickr
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My only quibble with the whole article (yes, I'm very late to the conversation but in my defence I'm me) was the opinion concerning aesthetics - Cubs are excellent, but better looking? :!: My reaction on reading that was over the top, I admit, but I now I've calmed down, I still cannot imagine how that opinion can have been formed.

Leia has it in one. We could add more, but there's no purple prose button here. Oh, I've found one.

Champs are the better looking. I shall leave it there, pro tem...