Group flying opportunities & questions
I've moaned on here about the apparent lack of flying groups and shares in and around Glasgow and southern Scotland so I thought I'd look at doing something about it.

Are there any other intrepid aviators who would be interested in setting up a group somewhere around the Glasgow area?

At the moment I have no particular aircraft or base in mind because a lot will depend on what (if any) other interest is out there.

Suggested potential bases:

Glasgow
Prestwick
Cumbernauld
Strathaven

I'm a low houred (100tt) PPL with IMC fed up with paying loads of money to fly someone elses tatty aircraft. Would be happy either flying a nicer aircraft or paying less money to fly my own equally tatty one.

Happy with either C of A or PTF and, although I dont have a tailwheel sign off yet (its on the cards though), happy with the wheels at any end of the aircraft.

If all that comes of this is a meet up with some other local pilots over a beer then it will have been worthwhile but it would be great if something more came of it.

Gareth
By garethep
Bump!

I'm seriously considering this
http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adv ... 845&imid=5
But the fixed monthly costs are more than I can really justify for a single owner at present......if anyone would be interested in forming a small (max 3) syndicate around this or something similar based at Strathaven then let me know.....I would also consider a non equity type arrangement if it was mutually convenient.

Let me know if you are interested.

Gareth
Yes, I too am interested.
I am currently in a syndicate but looking at alternative options and smaller syndicate.
I live in Livingston so of those airfields you mention Cumberland would be best for me.
Also suggest some thing decent maintainable under LAA rules.
In a perfect world I'd go for 4-6 members, LAA maintenance, Cumberland based,

http://www.tl-ultralight.cz/en/ultralig ... 000-sirius

. . . In a perfect world.

Any thoughts?
One of the reasons I would be looking to get a plane is to commute to and from a western isle for work - possibly Benbecula, I would work 1 week on 2 off.

So this may not suit a syndicate as the plane would be on Benbecula for 1/3 of the time..

Andy
Hi I'm looking to start a syndicate at Cumbernauld in a PA28 or a C172
Maybe a Piper cub.
Ive already started the ball rolling by contacting the Airport with a view to having the plane sited there. I've had a positive reply and I am in a position to put up at least half the finance to get this going.
If there are at least 5 others with the finance in place we could meet up.
I have at least 4 other interested parties.
I also have all the costing and expenses calculated.
Can I then ask for names and dates for a meeting?