Group flying opportunities & questions
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
One of our long term residents has retired from flying and sold his beloved Jodel which has moved away.

So there is a vacancy for flying/basing your a/c at Knettishall:

But it's a bit complicated: The Fersfield Flying Group can issue you with a 'licence to fly' ie use the strip but as we (literally) only lease the grass strip , the available hangarage is on immediately adjacent land (centre of strip on theimage), owned by A N Other for which separate hangarage is paid.

(Image courtesy of Colin McInnes)

So you will need hangarage and 'licence to fly' from two separate agencies: (well it is Suffolk.)

There is a further complication as the current hangar occupants have deemed the space too small for a PA28, but would fit obvs another Jodel, a plastic fantastic or, dare I say it a high wing such as a Colt, an example of which co-habited in former times. (Flex wing microlights/paramotors are disallowed due to our concentration of noise sensitive areas)

I am happy to take enquiries in the first instance, but must stress we do not own the hangar and would have to pass enquiries on to one of the present residents to liaise with the owner of the hangar.

It is a glorious 815metre strip, well drained, on high ground and has never closed due weather (except deep snow)

(Oh and there's a share in our Arrow available too- search this For sale page)

pm or email for further details knetinfo-at-kesdale-dot-com
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dusty_B liked this
Hi,
I could be interested in the space.
I have a Conco Ikarus C42. Very very quiet.
I've flown into Knettishall a couple of times, so know it quite well.
I've been operating out of a private strip near Haverhill, and live in Hundon, but have to move out as the land has been sold.
Any idea of the rent? Information on who to contact would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Dave Simmons.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
simmodrum wrote:Hi,
I could be interested in the space.
I have a Conco Ikarus C42. Very very quiet.
I've flown into Knettishall a couple of times, so know it quite well.
I've been operating out of a private strip near Haverhill, and live in Hundon, but have to move out as the land has been sold.
Any idea of the rent? Information on who to contact would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Dave Simmons.

PM sent:
pls send your contact deets/email/mobile to 'knetinfo' email in my post above

Peter