Group flying opportunities & questions
By Jfhandel
Evening All

Any takers for a new three-axis microlight group forming in SW Herts?

Something like an X-air or Thruster T600N, maybe a Kitfox at a stretch (ie all with doors and windows!) so the emphasis is on affordable, fun flying. Initial members to be in the region of 4-6 with a buy-in of around £2-3k.

Drop me a PM if you're interested - it never hurts to say hello!

Cheers

JFH
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There was another thread, and it led to a group of us meeting in a pub for a brainstorming session, followed by a lengthy WhatsApp discussion.

It did lead to the conclusion that the four of us all wanted different things, and it didn't work out.

However, I'm personally still potentially interested in such a group, my basic requirements being...

- SW Herts or Bucks
- A proper microlight (I fly SEP anyhow, so am not interested in a microlight pretending to be an SEP) so something like a Thruster, X'Air, Kitfox, even a Minimax...
- Not too small a group, as for me it's the aircraft-care time commitment that tends to be limiting.

If anybody else is interested, I'm very happy to develop a conversation.

G
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Genghis the Engineer wrote:even a Minimax...

Saw this on Facebook Marketplace just now.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/568675158105191

At £4250 for the whole aeroplane it should be economical even as a small group. Very cheap as a larger group! 187 hours total time.

Looks great if somebody had a corner of a farmstrip hangar in Bucks somewhere going?

G