Group flying opportunities & questions
Hi folks,

I am really keen to get back into aerobatics. Prestwick airport would be the only reasonable location for me to operate from. I couldn't find any shares in aerobatic aircraft there so I am considering buying my own - something like a Pitts S1 but it doesn't have to be that. It would be great to find someone to go 50-50 with as I've never bought or owned an aircraft before and splitting the costs would be very handy.

Is anyone here interested or know of anyone who might be?

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim - I'm not sure that we've met?

Just to check - I assume you've asked around Prestwick Flying Club? You'd be better to ask around directly / put a note on the notice board rather than online.
There was an RV4 share being advertised not long ago (I don't know if its been sold). I think there is a waiting list for the SA Bulldog (although it wont do extreme aeros).

Most aeros aircraft don't do a lot of hours (unless you cruise to competitions) so you may be able to be part of a much larger group quite happily.
riverrock wrote:Most aeros aircraft don't do a lot of hours (unless you cruise to competitions) so you may be able to be part of a much larger group quite happily.

Indeed, sustainable group size is directly related to session length of 'trips' and therefore by proxy, to the type of aeroplane.
riverrock wrote:Hi Tim - I'm not sure that we've met?

Just to check - I assume you've asked around Prestwick Flying Club? You'd be better to ask around directly / put a note on the notice board rather than online.
There was an RV4 share being advertised not long ago (I don't know if its been sold). I think there is a waiting list for the SA Bulldog (although it wont do extreme aeros).

Most aeros aircraft don't do a lot of hours (unless you cruise to competitions) so you may be able to be part of a much larger group quite happily.

Yeah I know one of the guys who owns a Pitts S1 in PIK and apparently there was somone interested in making a group around an aerobatic aircraft but this person never got in touch with me so I assume that's maybe not happening any more.

Regarding RV4 - the person who snapped up that share actually PM'ed me on pprune. Either way that RV4 or Bulldog are not quite as capable. I'd like to get a Pitts if I can find a person to go 50-50 with.

I've emailed Prestwick Flying Club quite while back but had no response. So not sure what else I can do really :(
Due to the good forecast, there will definitely be people around Prestwick Flying Club this weekend.

PS I was the person who recently bought the RV-4 (third) share, though I am not into aeros. However, with a constant speed prop, fuel injected 180hp and semi inverted systems, I understand that it is a pretty good aerobatic aircraft (and can cruise at 150 kts!).
mick w liked this