Group flying opportunities & questions
As I've posted on here elsewhere, we've recently formed a new group around a Zenair CH 601 UL microlight, G-ZODY, which is based at Rochester:

https://afors.com/aircraftView/51927

We currently have 4 shares in the group (between 3 people) but looking to expand to 6 shares total*.

The aircraft was only purchased a couple of weeks ago (from the original group that built her) and she has been well looked after; one of the previous owners is on here trying to set up a new group to find a replacement and I'm sure would give a good reference!

- Share price is £6k for 1/6th share (including share of engine fund)
- Monthlies £65
- Hourly rate £40 (wet) currently, but potentially looking to drop to £35 in near future
- Home landing fees included

If you are interested, please drop me a message on here and someone in the group would be happy to show you round. We already have tentative commitment from 2 others dependent on job/house/life events in next month: we've got a buoyant WhatsApp group if you want to join (not just for G-ZODY, but with others looking for similar shares/moral support!).

*For the avoidance of mental arithmatic, we're looking to add 3 additional members to the group ideally, each holding 1/6th share.
tr7v8 liked this
Further drift...

Just wanted to say congratulations on actually getting a group formed. I'm so pleased you found what you were after!

I'm still not qualified and may be moving house (further into Kent) but I'll definitely add this one to my spreadsheet as an option

Good luck!

Oh and please add me to the group, would be great to know more local pilots

~ Scott
tr7v8 liked this
Morten wrote:[apologies - thread drift] What's the deal with the canopy/windscreen? Can you take one off and replace it with another one and back again at will? [/drift]

In short, yes! It's the only UK zenair microlight to have the canopy mod, although obviously we haven't tried it yet.

Reading the inspection notes and looking at the kit, it's a straight swap out of the existing canopy via the 4 locks - it doesn't look too much faff. My understanding is that there's a bit of buffet and so speeds are slightly more limited, but hopefully if the weather stays nice we'll get a chance to try it out later in the year.
Morten liked this
Very cool. I have been thinking about an easy way to have the option to take the canopy off my Acrosport (2 seats in tandem with a fixed front windscreen) and add a windscreen to the back (PIC) seat for some wind-in-the-hair flying :D It'd be good to see how it's been done... I'll be in touch :thumleft: