Group flying opportunities & questions
Hi all,

I'm looking for an aircraft in the West Sussex area, ideally at Shoreham or a strip elsewhere in the area.

Will consider all options eg equity/non-equity/ flying clubs. Looking for a single engine touring aircraft ideally.

Thanks in advance.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We will be offering a new share in our PA-28 based at Shoreham soon. See my post from last year for more details.
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116421

Since then we have fitted a new leather interior and the group has restructured to five members . We will be looking to add a sixth member post-lockdown, possibly followed by a seventh.

The aircraft is due out of annual at the end of the month. I would be happy to answer any questions in the meanwhile.
Thank you for all the replies, all are really good options. SportAir look great and the Bulldog is a beauty, I just think Goodwood is a smidge too far for me.

Tall_Guy, I came across your PA28 in a search the other day funnily enough. Lovely paint job. Do you have a rough idea of share price and running costs? What's availability like and do you run a booking system or is it allocated days of the month?
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The share price is TBD but likely to be about £4000 for 1/6 share, considering the new interior. Running costs are £110 per month, plus £35 per tacho hour dry. This generates a small excess to build up an engine / contingency fund. Fuel is 25 to 29 litres per hour depending on power settings and we refuel and pay after each booking.

Availability is excellent throughout the week. We operate an online booking system (Shlott) with up to three live bookings at a time each. A booking is typically a day, but could be a couple of hours or a week depending on need. There is a group WhatsApp chat so if anyone wants an extra booking or a longer trip away or to swap a booking that works well to discuss the options and avoid clashes.
Last edited by Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 , thanks for the info. I am interested in your aircraft but I'm just going to sit on my hands for a bit and think it all through as I've also had other good offers. I just need to weigh it all up.

Hi @flyingearly , I'm near Horsham.
Lestersc wrote:Hi

We have Bulldog minimum 1/6th share available £7k £150 per month, based at Goodwood on a permit to be renewed end of November 2021. She a great aeroplane - we’re currently a group of 3 looking to expand to 4-6.

Happy to chat. Contact scottlester@btinternet.com

Scott

Hi.

I’ve been eavesdropping on this forum and may be interested in a share in the bulldog. I’m just about to start the process of renewing my sep rating - I fly commercially - and a bulldog would be fun. Also nostalgic as I used to fly one in the UAS when I was a student.

Please email me flightdeck@btinternet.com

All the best

Darren
Last edited by A319 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By A319
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:The share price is TBD but likely to be about £4000 (max) for 1/6 share, considering the new interior. Running costs are £110 per month, plus £35 per tacho hour dry. This generates a small excess to build up an engine / contingency fund. Fuel is 25 to 29 litres per hour depending on power settings and we refuel and pay after each booking.

Availability is excellent throughout the week. We operate an online booking system (Shlott) with up to three live bookings at a time each. A booking is typically a day, but could be a couple of hours or a week depending on need. There is a group WhatsApp chat so if anyone wants an extra booking or a longer trip away or to swap a booking that works well to discuss the options and avoid clashes.

I am interested, but unfortunately I cannot send you a pm as I am new to this forum. Can you try sending one to me and I’ll see if I can read it?
goneflying wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking for an aircraft in the West Sussex area, ideally at Shoreham or a strip elsewhere in the area.

Will consider all options eg equity/non-equity/ flying clubs. Looking for a single engine touring aircraft ideally.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, are you still looking for a share. My group has a share available in a C172 Reims Rocket based at Shoreham. Please let me know if you are interested.