Group flying opportunities & questions
By Robert M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi All,

I have PPL with over 300hrs total, IR(R) and now aerobatics rating too.
I've been mainly flying in PA28-181, C172, C152 but also few random other airplanes, in recent years mainly in non-equity group based at NW (EGSX).

I'm looking for a share in a four seater, close to East London (area of North Weald, maybe Cambridge or Headcorn and anything in between). It's mainly for touring (UK, Ireland, mainland Europe) and some local flights too (no aerobatics, these will be done in different airplane).

I can mainly fly over weekends, bank holidays and during school breaks, so looking for good availability during those days.

Robert M
Hi Robert

I have a 9th share in a well maintained Grumman AA5 Cheetah for sale based at Headcorn.

The aircraft has recently had an avionics upgrade to include a Garmin GNS430W (database updated every month) and Mode S transponder. Other avionics (all working) include a King KNS80, ADF, 2 x Altimeters etc so full IFR capable.

The engine has approx 750 hours on it, prop even less!

The group are a friendly bunch and I have never had any issues with availability. All the group members are happy to work around each other with a good mix of weekend and weekday flyers! The aircraft flew a total of approx 100 hours total last year.

The costs are currently as follows:
- Monthly fees £80 per month to cover hangarage, home landing fees, insurance and the Annual (assuming no major work to be completed)
- Flying £90 per tacho hour wet to cover fuel, oil and contribution to 50 hour checks

If you think you might be interested, or would like any further info, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Asnumby