Group flying opportunities & questions
Hi
Due to the recent unexpected sale of my usual club aerobat (for the second time :cry:), I unfortunately find myself without access to anything capable of inducing serious G's & inverted grins without breaking every limit in the POH.

I have a PPL IR(R) and a basic level AOPA aerobatic certificate. I've accumulated a reasonably modest 47 hours on a Firefly and a total 225 hours on a variety of the normal PA28/C152/C172 sky chariots including 27 hours on complex types.

I'm based in the Midlands, near to Husbands Bosworth glider site, and I'm happy to travel within reason - something based in Sywell, Leicester, Turwerston or Coventry would be ideal. I'll entertain any arrangement - rental, part ownership or outright purchase, ideally on something akin to a T67M or CAP10 - although I definitely wouldn't say no to a Pitts :D!

If anyone knows or hears of anything which might be available I'd love to know.

Happy Christmas
Mike
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The first answer that springs to mind is renting from Leicestershire Aero Club who operate a T67M-200.

Leicester is also the home base of Swiftair Maintenance who are usually among the first to know of any Fireflys that might be up for sale/share.
Thanks guys.
Hopefully without causing offence, last time I looked at what I was told was Leicester’s T67 it looked like it was desperately in need of a little love. I’m not sure I would be confident chucking it around.
Turweston’s T67 was pampered and immaculately clean, but sadly it’s sale due to time expiring engine and prop is the reason I’m looking around.
My friends are trying to tempt me into a RV or a Yak 18T; I think I could be tempted if I could find a couple of other people who would be interested in flying it to spread the costs a little and make sure it’s flown regularly; planes which don’t make their 50 check before their annual make me sad.