Group flying opportunities & questions
By Atco
Share wanted in something fun to fly in the Suffolk/N Essex area - based near Sudbury.
I'm not an hours builder, just want something cheapish to fly and put some fun back into my flying.
Approx 1850 hours experience, retired and keen.
Previous experience of running a flying group so if nothing available may try and set up a new group.
By robert79
Would you be interested in a Rollason Condor share?
It's definitely ticks the "fun" box! And it's cheap - £400 for the share, £20/month, £95/hr. You also need to be a member of the gliding club - £30ish/month
Excellent availability - it flies about 40 hours a year.

It's located at Tibenham in Norfolk, would that be too far away for you? 3 tarmac runways and never any hassle WRT to gliders and powered aircraft mixed operations. There's 2 hangars full of powered stuff from flex wing microlights, up to very expensive twins and everything in between.

I'd be happy to do you a test flight.

Go on, you know you want to!
By Atco
Hi Robert

Many thanks for the offer but ideally I would prefer something a bit closer to home. However, if nothing else materialises I may well reconsider. I'll also drop in to Tibenham next time I'm up your way to have a look around.

Incidentally my first ever flight was in a Condor (G-ARVZ) at Stapleford in the early 70's but unfortunately I haven't flown a tailwheel aeroplane since.
By Harry Scott
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ah. I am in Long Melford and in need of a share (and fun!). What have you got and where do you fly it from? I currently borrow a mate’s 150 Aerobat at Earls Colne.
Harry
By Rob P V2.0
Halibut wrote:Ah. I am in Long Melford and in need of a share (and fun!).

Hatz is based twenty minutes drive from Long Melford. I am sure he'll respond directly.

Rob P V2.0
Harry Scott liked this
By Rob P V2.0
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:It's only sad its like @Rob P V2.0 and myself who read really old threads

It's even sadder that I hadn't realised that Hatz's post was from prehistory.

From my last chat with him a month or so back I think it's unlikely he has a share available any longer.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rob P V2.0
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Hope he is OK. Enjoyed his input on here.

Yep dishing the goss with him at the one-time regular curries in Melford organised by Keef RIP was always great fun :lol: