Group flying opportunities & questions
Hi all,

I just wish to tentatively see if there is interest in a 1/2 share on a taildragger Permit aeroplane capable of 140mph + cruise @ 21lph

It isn't currently cleared for IMC but wing loading comfortably meets LAA criteria although some money would have to be spent upgrading the VFR panel to meet those regs (I'm thinking Dynon, etc). It will need new radios too.

Having waited almost two years for this aeroplane to be considered by the owner for selling, I don't wish to name the type just yet (and tempt fate) but, it's worth the wait.

The engine is low hours,strong and a regular aero engine; airframe has been kept tucked up in its own hangar for nearly all of its life. Current owner has been fastidious with maintenance even though life events meant they haven't flown her for a while. Therefore, mechanical issues look to be low risk for the foreseeable future - although new comms and transponder will be needed.

Target share price? Well, Id hope between £10 - 12k but I am still getting person to commit to selling. Hangarage expect @ £60 each pm and insurance @£500 pp for the year. Maintenance target tbc. Normally i fly @ 70 hours a year. If one person flies more than the other, i have mooted maintenance cost being proportionately shared.

As for the person I'd ideally like to team up with, well, someone lacking an ego for a start - and someone who gets the idea of caring for a piece of history. A low time driver doesn't bother me - commitment to undertake tailwheel conversion and learn nav in a fast aeroplane is more important.

So, apologies for the cryptic nature of my post but I don't want to tempt fate. Ill know which way the wind will blow early next week (first week of August 2017) so will update then.

In the meantime, feel free to pm me.

Thank you!