Group flying opportunities & questions
Looking for a group in Cardiff either CIA or St Athan. IFR capable preferred.
Or, is there enough interest to start a group? There's an XP on AFORS at the moment that may be suitable for a smallish (6?) group.
Thoughts anyone?
Alpha Check wrote:Looking for a group in Cardiff either CIA or St Athan. IFR capable preferred.
Or, is there enough interest to start a group? There's an XP on AFORS at the moment that may be suitable for a smallish (6?) group.
Thoughts anyone?

If you are contemplating operating IFR, you should be aware that St Athan is essentially VFR only .
Exacto - BTW, think I flew past your cub a while back. Lovely looking machine. Assuming the cub in your avatar is yours?

Also at the moment St Athan is 9-5. Not sure if that'll change in the future tho.

What's an XP?

If I had my PPL, then I'd personally be interested in something IFR and aeros capable (a Vans basically). But that feels like it's a long way away at the moment, so don't count me as a solid.
Yes, the venerable C172 Hawk XP, fuel injected so no carb to worry about and a 'wobbly' prop for a bit of performance. I did my IMC in one and quite like them.
Very aware of the facilities at St Athan, as they sometimes allow me on site, but ILS to Cardiff to get VFR below then into Saints, or, continue to DH and land at CIA is my IFR plan. I don't plan to fly in bad wether, just prepare for it :eye: I thought that the fee's and avgas prices at Saints would be better than at CIA and they have hangarage too; happy to be corrected.