Group flying opportunities & questions
Hi all,

Living in MK, considering group bases around it in 40-45 min drive vicinity, (Turweston, Sywell, Cranfield, etc). Turweston would be ideal and I know there are plenty of groups there but found I them as rather difficult to reach for enquiries.
Last edited by joneit17 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks all for your responses. I'd surely prefer a tourer able both bimbling and great cross-countries (including cross-Europe-countries). 2-seater is not as good for my plans as 4-seater (or at least "3-seater" i.e. W&B limited). Am not quite interested in classics or a-batic and can fly only VFR nosewheels (considering IFR in the future but it's not affecting my choice now). Also, in all ways preferring well-equipped vs basics.

The main problem is that all these my preferences seem not very relevant while facing quite limited choice which I still observe in my locality. :-) Driving time to aerodrome within 40 min (ok, up to 50 min in case of really outstanding options) is perhaps the most important item in my wishlist to maintain satisfactory access. So, not spending say, twice less time for actual flying than for getting there.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Maules are great and although the nosewheel version attracts not such positive comments from teh die-hard tailwheel gurus, reality is that its performance is on a par with the tailwheel ones and for that you also have easier handling. Usually cheaper to procure too on account of lesser looks.
By Pete L
1/3 of a Breezer B600 any use to you? One of our stripmates lives in MK and flies nearly every day over the summer. 2 seater day tourer, 600kg. About 25 min from MK down the Leighton Buzzard bypass - just S of Holmbeck Farm.
Rob P liked this
I belong to a well run Grumman AA5a group at Turweston. Its very active and I have found it very friendly. The group has a sister syndicate, a PA28, which the Grumman members can join without putting in equity. The group has instructors who teach IR (R). PM me if you need more information.
Pete L wrote:1/3 of a Breezer B600 any use to you? One of our stripmates lives in MK and flies nearly every day over the summer. 2 seater day tourer, 600kg. About 25 min from MK down the Leighton Buzzard bypass - just S of Holmbeck Farm.

Hi Pete, I surely considered this proposal as we already had a chance to discuss the details by SMS texts. Unfortunately, 1/3 happened to be too expensive for my budget although I did like a lot of what I read about this model. Thanks for this offer anyway.
Pete L liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
joneit17 wrote:Thanks everyone for helpful ideas, and I'm delighted to update that I've found a group to join in Turweston (@Billstone, yes, the one which is a sister-group to yours. :-) ). Perhaps, I need to mark the topic [SOLVED] or like that, bear with me to find out how to edit it...

Congratulations, I know both those groups well, and I think you'll have a great experience there.

G