Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By fanjules
I filmed the following footage around the same time as my Caernarfon video, during night training. Filming at night is very difficult, particularly from an aircraft in turbulence (so much for it being calmer after dusk!), so the images are never going to rival what I was able to get from a calm sunny day. However, there's a distinct lack of any sort of GA night flying footage on Youtube so it's presented here in full.

You're highly recommended to view it at it's best by clicking on the Youtube button, then selecting the 1080p and FULL SCREEN options... a little viewing pane on your monitor doesn't really do any of our videos justice!
By BobM
Another one..
By madmaveric
The only one I have so far is one I did of a non training night flight (I'm doing my PPL and just wanted a go at night to see what it was like so it is more of a joyride than a training session). Its was also the first test of my new goPro to see how it works at night.

Couple of points I learned
1. The goPro makes it look almost daytime at the start even though the take was ~20 mins after sunset.
2. I need to wear a hat to stop it looking like my head is the beacon :roll:
3. It's the first time I realized that you couldn't see the runway lights unless they were pointed at you, I had trouble finding the field on our long base leg, it just looked like a black empty space.
4. The thought of an off airfield landing at night now scares the Carp out of me :O
5. The serenity of a night flight is something to be savored.
6. The fish-eye gopro lens makes things distorted makes it look like your face has melted.

As usual its in HD so best viewed full res on youtube (if you want to watch it of course)
By 10W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member

A couple of guys at Prestwick ATC Centre made this one. One flying, one filming. My connection ? I fly it sometimes too :cyclopsani:
By JonBoy
Now then RF3 man - thats unfair. You're always going to win this competition with a clip of Glenforsa.....!! Especially with weather like that! Nice one!
By rf3flyer
I don't think so JonBoy, it's just a little clip, but I thank you for your nice comment.
By AlanB
Here's my video effort. Slightly different, but great fun!

Alan - you only need to put the short bit of the YouTube code after the equals sign between the YouTube tags. I have amended your post accordingly