Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
…with a short stop at Coll.

On an absolutely dreich day yesterday I persevered with my lap top and did a little bit of editing. There's no aeroplanes, no commentary, just 5mins of scenery to brighten up the day for anyone in need of their day being brightened and for whom scenery scratches the itch. :D

For reference, Coll is west of Mull, about a 2hr 45min ferry from Oban. So kinda remote.

In July @Nick and I, having packed the tents at Glenforsa, set off to visit Tiree and Coll. We dropped down to, from memory, 1500' and were still significantly above an undercast. It niggled a little that we had to turn back. A few weeks later on a beautiful cloudless August morning I set off to go flying with no particular destination in mind and eventually had the thought; 'this has to be a day for Coll". As you will see as I fly west I discover an overcast and so didn't quite see it at its best (it was duller than it appears). Quite incredible to see. Nevertheless I did land at Coll and in doing so have only heightened my desire to go back. :thumright:

T6Harvard, Nick, mick w and 3 others liked this
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I absolutely love flying over the sea and seeing the coastline from the air!!

Thanks @Miscellaneous for bringing back great memories of a trip to Mull.
The things I remember most from my trip with MrT6 - the beautiful beaches, a basking shark, otters lying on their backs crunching crabs so noisily.

Ooh, and riding on the post bus :mrgreen:
@T6Harvard, Mull indeed is a beautiful island. I often consider how many miss out by having an annual visit to Glenforsa and never leaving the hotel grounds. I did the same myself 3 or 4 times this year, however we had a fantastic few days there last month, a surface visit that was well overdue. Got talking about Glenforsa with the owner of the accommodation and that lead to talking about flying. Turns out his daughter is in the RAF and had been lucky enough to be on a leg of the centenary celebration flight from the GB to NZ, in G-GBNZ. Although he knew she had done it I got the impression I knew more about it than he did. He certainly hadn't seen the website. :lol:

If you used the post bus on your last visit I'd suggest you too are overdue a visit. :wink:
T6Harvard, Nick, Iceman liked this
By T6Harvard
It is indeed long over due for us to re-visit the Western Isles! Last trip was to Barra and then up through the Outer Hebs, that must have been 8 years ago...very remiss, I know.

I have 'flight on a float plane' on my Christmas list :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
StratoTramp wrote:Have sea kayaked around bits of Mull the weather wasn't nearly so nice :lol:

Had a "docking tot" when we landed each time (in the kayak). Probably not advisable in an aeroplane!

As you'll know the whole of the west coast is fantastic for kayaking. An ever growing sport in these parts. I'm lucky enough to have spent a few days out at St Kilda kayaking. :thumright:

@Paul_Sengupta there's no accounting for lack of appreciation. Although I'm sure the Coll Hotel would have cake and beer to your liking.

Talking of which, did you ever get the message I left a couple of weeks back? I was in Barry and called to ascertain if you were free for an impromptu curry, or cake. :D
By Paul_Sengupta
Miscellaneous wrote:Talking of which, did you ever get the message I left a couple of weeks back? I was in Barry and called to ascertain if you were free for an impromptu curry, or cake. :D

Oh, sorry, I only got it a few days later as my phone gets attached to the test lab system when I'm in there and I have to reset it to get back on the live network...and I forgot to reset it. The message was very broken with large gaps but I got the jist of it I think....however I was in Guildford though, sorry! I'm in Wales now if you're still around...
By Paul_Sengupta
Miscellaneous wrote:@Paul_Sengupta, I'm back north of the border now. In fact we had a curry in Inverness tonight. I was really checking your tel No. was still the same as I hadn't heard back from you. :thumright:

Ah, sorry about that. I meant to reply but somehow picking up the broken message a few days late, I thought you'd have disappeared off! I'll just have to come up there when the days get longer and the weather better...
Miscellaneous liked this