Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By Milty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I like that a lot. Some stunning views and great camera work/editing.

Stupid newbie question coming up...

When I qualify with a PPL in the UK, what would I have to do to be able to hire and fly an aircraft in Spain for example. I sometimes (almost zero in the last 20 months but here's hoping) travel with work and am wondering if I can make some spare time on a trip, will I be able to rent and fly in Europe or USA. If I understand correctly, in either case I could of course do a trial flight and get checked out as competent by the instructor and I guess it is up to their assessment on how much I fly on that trial lesson. I assume that it's not as simple as hiring a car where you pitch up with a current driving licence, pay your money and off you go? For clarification, I'm not suggesting that if I passed my PPL in 50 hours that I intend to do hour 51 in Spain. Just thinking about the future possibilities. TIA.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Up to 31st December last year, a Part FCL 'full' PPL, or an LAPL, would have been valid in any other EASA country, flying an aircraft registered in any other EASA state, without any further licensing formalities.

In short, and without delving into the complexities of what you can still do, flying an EASA reg'd aircraft on a UK licence of any sort is no longer possible, either here or overseas, without getting a validation of your licence by the country concerned.

Somewhere in the EASA Part FCL regulations it expains what that validation involves, but I haven't bothered to become familiar with it yet. Someone else may have the reference to hand.
Milty liked this