Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The bumps are probably less of a pain in a heavier plane, or something with more robust landing gear. But I kind of view the strip as 700m devided into 3!

It's an excuse - as I'm aware of it! but the field drops away after the first 100 metres after the threshold. I think this sometimes plays havok with my peripheral judgement of height if I don't get down fairly promptly.

I've arrived early before and from the hangers, when there is corn growing you can entirely lose sight of the plane as it goes down into the valley. I'll see If Google earth can pick up the profile!
Milty liked this
By Milty
I liked Kemble with the massive runway. My instructor had me holding off at about 2ft without landing for the first half, then let it land then take off again. A great exercise. Interesting place with all the old 747's dotted around the perimeter.
StratoTramp liked this
By StratoTramp
Short article in Microlight Flying Magazine. The edit makes me sound a bit maverick. :lol: where as I am a goody-two-shoes honestly.

Apart from the shameless plugging where it is spot on :lol: Though I have seen worse around here :wink: ... yes, I have his book too. :lol:

JAFO, T6Harvard liked this
By StratoTramp
Nauseating hyperlapse of Popham Microlight Trade show. :lol: this was about 10 o'clock

I have 150 gigs of more conventional footage to go through :thumleft:

JAFO, Milty liked this
By StratoTramp
Yep, really good turnout. Was a great sight at the beginning of the day with arrivals and later with departures. Bumped into loads of people would be good to see you there one day. Also, No reason not to show in what you fly now. :thumleft:

Was a bit like Heathrow at some points :lol: it's so strange to see a line of Microlights / light sport aircraft with their landing lights on like A320s.
JAFO liked this
By StratoTramp
Another 'not a video' video, Showing some movements from yesterday:

I need to add time stamps (so people can find their reg) but short of time today.
Also colour is pants :roll: Need to set my canon up before i go and remember my filters :roll:

Cheers ST :thumleft:
By StratoTramp

My solo navigation - Probably the worst landings I have ever done and what's worse they were all into wind :roll: Not the best day to get the Yips and forget how to fly (nobody say "you need to know HOW to fly FIRST in order to forget" :lol: :wink: )

It wasn't that dramatic really but funny what music can do.

I think the footage is handy as whilst I'm editing I can see all sorts of things I could do better.

As someone noticed in the GA section - Picked up a nasty habit of reaching for the brake (which messes me up at Leicester). Didn't need to go near it. I think this is due to where I usually land at Sackville, the grass is quite draggy but there are some big humps (tractor ruts / old hedge row lines) that you don't want to hit fast as it does literally throw the CT2K back into the air. I will be more conscious of this in future.

I also noted I dumped two stages of flap on the go around - Had more than enough speed but would have been better to just go to flaps 1.

Circuits were tidy, radio ok & navigation fine but easy with instructors Skydemon, had prepared my log & map as usual and am pretty good at nav from orienteering.

Oh well. One more achievement. Just I could have achieved it better. :thumleft:

Edit: Notes on CT2K handling:

https://www.quizaero.co.uk/amp/top-tips ... -design-ct
T6Harvard liked this
By StratoTramp

Been a while... Will take me a week or so to edit full video. Not flying a Ikarus C42 whilst CT2K waits for a new nose wheel... NO it wasn't me!

Still at that point in my flying where steep turns feel epic :lol:

I have spend 75 days grounded. Felt like I'd lost a limb! :cyclopsani:
By StratoTramp
Like buses. Quick edit of a trip to Beccles aerodrome from Sackville farm.

Will do a longer video later with less awful music. :lol: