Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By X-Plane Factor
Hi to all,I would just like to share the pictures of the airshow I have been to, featuring a Catalina, Albatros L-39, Globe Swift, a North American T-28 Trojan, a Yak T-18, a Fouga Magister, and the french military Aerobatics team... and more!!! So Enjoy! and feel free to comment, question so we can all learn things!

mick w liked this
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As one with a bit of airshow photography experience, I always enjoy looking at others' work.

First of all I'd say that given the fiendishly difficult lighting conditions, there are quite a lot of shots in there that have quite a bit of character, quite moody looking, and not at all badly lit despite the dark clouds. Nothing much you can do about the silhouettes against cloud except boost the shadows and hope you've got enough exposure latitude to keep noise levels down but it might be worth having a go at that for the ones flying.

There are one or two with chopped off wingtips that I'd probably remove, but overall, a nice set.

That said, I'd say that you've hamstrung the presentation by using YouTube and uploading at 720p, because I bet most of those shots are much sharper than they appear. They'd probably look Ok on a phone but it would be well worth redoing the whole lot at 1080p or better. And maybe host them somewhere other than YouTube. Even Flickr might be a better bet for stills.

I enjoyed it, though, captured the atmosphere of the day. Considering the weather, good work.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
X-Plane Factor wrote:I thank you for your comments. Just a little set of pictures, I am not a professional photographer. Best

Neither am I!

But you took the trouble to convert all your shots into a slide show, and add captions. That must have taken a little time.

I just think that, given that you've felt like showing your work, it's worth showing it at its best. I really think you've got some nice shots in that set. A little more polish, a crop here and there, a little work in Photoshop... would improve it a lot. YouTube at 720p might be ok for video, but for stills, not so much, because even sharp images will look soft on a decent monitor.

Make no mistake, airshow photography is hard. Photographing aircraft against cloud is very hard. This was a good effort. Worth a little more, is all I'm saying.

Just MHO.