Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By Karl Coates
Hello everyone my name is Karl Coates along with my father Les Coates ( we are both cameramen) we ran a production company out of an old Missen Hut at Teesside Airport , in between the three flying clubs and were often visited by Canadian old boys who were stationed there. We had the office for over three decades and Air Show day was a big deal and as a kid I was introduced and met almost everyone that landed and jumped in every cock pit I could including the ones from the Rothemens Team. My father Les has hours and hours of footage from almost every event the airport ever had and worked for the BBC for over 50 years.
One day his news editor rang him and said he thought it would be a good idea to actually go flying with the Rothmans Aerobatic Team as no one else would do it , Les has filmed in more aircraft than I have had hot dinners and jumped at the chance so the deal was he would shoot it , the BBC would run it and Les could have the film and all the rushes afterwards as his copyrite , there is quite a bit of material which has been water marked but please feel free to watch it . The reporter was called Jim Wilson , we don't know the exact date but am sure someone will remember. By the time we got round to digitizing the film it was in a poor state , and we cleaned it up as best we could. ( If you have film get it digitized asap, some film stock is better than others) Best wishes Karl Coates.
( Copy and paste if not working)
[[https://youtu.be/kDLj5YSd1wQ]
Rob P, JAFO, Aerials liked this
By Rob P
Nissen
By Rob P
But thanks for posting. A film full of nostalgia for those of us who were there.

The "8K Worldwide" doesn't add a lot to the clip.

Rob P
By Rob L
Rob P wrote:The "8K Worldwide" doesn't add a lot to the clip.
Rob P

I would go further and say it ruins it. I gave up watching after five seconds because of it.

I'm sure you mean well, Karl, but was the "watermark" in the film you originally found? Or did you add it?

Rob L
Rob P liked this