Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By PeteSpencer
Can anybody tell me why the Forum imgur photo uploading system randomly rotates some images through 90 deg ?

If I then rotate my image through 90 deg in opposite direction to anticipate this rotation and ‘unwind ‘ it , it uploads the image still rotated through 90 deg

I’ve had to abandon uploading several pictures recently because of this irritating effect

Does anyone know why this happens and have a solution please?

TIA

Peter
By JonathanB
It'll be to do with the encoding in the image added by your smart phone I expect. Make sure it shows the right way up on your phone first (without orientation lock on) I guess.
By PeteSpencer
JonathanB wrote:It'll be to do with the encoding in the image added by your smart phone I expect. Make sure it shows the right way up on your phone first (without orientation lock on) I guess.

Hmm..... I though of that: But sometimes I can go back later for another go and it uploads in the correct orientation!

Not a big deal: Its just that it's much easier to upload to Forum direct from my phone that transferring image to my laptop and uploading it from there...

Peter
By PeteSpencer
I think we may have solved the problem:
The image in question was taken on my iPhone in the portrait position and when uploaded to the forum , it rotated 90 deg

However when I selected the same image on iPhone screen, then rotated the phone to landscape the image followed into the correct vertical orientation and then was uploaded correctly orientated keeping the phone in landscape
Don’t really understand it but who cares?It works. :wink:

Peter