Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
Most of my photo posts these days are on Facebook, but I had such a faulous day doing my favourite type of flying yesterday that I thought I should share it here.

Firstly a screenshot of my route (courtesy of EasyVFR Basic). I know a number of pilots consider single engine ops over water to be too risky, but I love the smooth ride and the shorelines. I was however kitted up with a lifejacket and these days an obligatory ELT.
ImageScreenshot_2017-09-02-18-03-26.png by Neil, on Flickr

Somerset Flats

ImageP1140362 by Neil, on Flickr

A new pier beying constructed at Hinkley Point
ImageP1140369 by Neil, on Flickr

Looking underneath some unexpected lower cloud towards Caldey Island near Tenby
ImageP1140388 by Neil, on Flickr

Caldey Island - a rather beuatiful and tranquil place that I visited by boat a couple of years ago
ImageP1140399 by Neil, on Flickr

Coastal Cliff formations at Manorbier on the Pembrokeshire coast
ImageP1140433 by Neil, on Flickr

'NW at Swansea. A rather basic but friendly airport.
ImageP1140459 by Neil, on Flickr

Having got a clearance along the coast through the Cardiff and St. Athan zones at not above 1500ft taking photos of the coastal features was sort of compulsory. This is the lighthouse at Nash Point
ImageP1140471 by Neil, on Flickr

I then followed the channel coastline up to the Severn Bridges

ImageP1140495 by Neil, on Flickr

Having Turned inland Badminton House was sighted

ImageP1140500 by Neil, on Flickr
Paul_Sengupta, Iceman liked this
I know a number of pilots consider single engine ops over water to be too risky,

Interesting one, which of those fields on the Somerset flats would be good for a forced landing, especially after a lot of rain!
I'll get my goggles and go for a swim :D
Nice pictures BTW
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Badminton, 4 runways to the front door,- now there's posh. :D
Cracking photos, how do you manage to "frame" a picture so well and fly the aircraft at the same time? I, typically, chop off hair /toes or you need the aid of a magnifying glass to see the object of attention. :oops: :thumleft:
cockney steve wrote:Cracking photos, how do you manage to "frame" a picture so well and fly the aircraft at the same time? I, typically, chop off hair /toes or you need the aid of a magnifying glass to see the object of attention. :oops: :thumleft:

Like many things - experience and a bit of luck. I've been taking photos with a serious interest for around 45 years. Been taking photos with digital cameras from the cockpit for about 13 years. Having the right camera that can be operated with a single hand is key. Taking photos needs to be a momentary part of my cockpit routine, but in some ways my constant looking for things going on outside may help with my general scan.