A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Maxthelion wrote:For those twixt Blackbushe and White Waltham, the best burger to be had is at the Greyhound Gastropub in Finchhampstead.

Off menu? :?
By Flyin'Dutch'
AerBabe wrote:Made the first lot of burgers with the press last night. Yum.

Burger press?

Whazzzat?

Never used one, are they any good? What are the benefits over just splatting a mince patty into shape with one's hands?
By AerBabe
Paul - that doesn't say 'cheese of your choice'...

Dutch - the one I was given is this one. Ignore the bad reviews - it does need a bit of fiddling to get the right amount of mixture so the halves stay together, but I got it right in 2-3 tries. The benefits I've found so far are:
a) they look much nicer, and the visual impact is important with food
b) they're even sizes, so easier to cook together
c) the insert to make stuffed burgers really helps keep the seal so the filling doesn't come out
By AerBabe
Pork and apple burgers this evening, with crispy onions, salad and skinny chips.
Mmm...
By Jon Mercer
I think I need to work on a recipe for veggie burgers. I'd like to cut down the amount of meat I eat. Any suggestions?
By AerBabe
WTF?
By Jon Mercer
Some days, an increasing number actually, I just don't fancy sitting down to a plate of dead animal.

After today, though, I'm ready to griddle the dog. Tailwheel training takes it out of you. :?
By AerBabe
The same one as me, or the one that does standard burgers?
By morticiaskeeper
The same one as you.

Feeling a bit bloated now! 500g of prime beef made 5 burgers. Grated cheddar in the middle. Probably needed a bit of salt, but they were lovely. Not quite up to our new local butcher, but I bet the next ones will be.