A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Gerard Clarke
Dhal, with yellow lentils, isn't that tricky, although it benefits from slow, gentle cooking.

Some Sharwoods ready-made poppadums along with some upmarket spicy chutney, from the shops.

Also perhaps some very freshly chopped onion and tomato salad.

Yoghurt and cucumber raita? Toss in some fresh fenugreek or coriander if you have any.
By JoeC
Re: chopped onion and tomato salad

Add chopped coriander and a splash of white wine vinegar and it will be transformed into something altogether better.

Homemade onion bhajis are fun- can be prepared in advance and heated up in the oven.

Just buy gram flour- mix into a batter with water, add chopped onions and the usual spices. I find it easier to make small ones, a heaped table spoon of the mixture into 1cm of oil. Fry for a few minutes until brown on one side then flip and do the same on the other side.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A decent selection of pickles straight from the jar livens up the papadom bit\;

Sharwoods (or Ferns) Brinjal Pickle, Lime pickle and Prawn Balichow.

All the better if you can get some tamarind .
By Flyin'Dutch'
Monocock wrote:I shall be knocking up a Tiger Prawn Bhuna and Chicken Jalfrezi with onion bhajis tomorrow night for Mrs M. What other simple accompaniments (except rice and bombay aloo) can I do that won't take an age to prepare?

Couple of jars of Kingfisher?

I'll bring them.

What time are you ready for us?
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Homemade peshwari naan

Any chance of a recipe?

Ta.
By Ben
Jono H

How do you do the naan? I did last time and wasnot happy with it.

Okra is great and simple.
Chop to small pices (~ 2cm long), fry onion till gold, add 2 green choped chillies till light green add cumin and salt,fry for 40sec. or so, add the okra and fry till ready. If you use non stick pan or a yok it becomes much easier.

Ben
By Peter Pan
Ben wrote:Jono H

Chop to small pices (~ 2cm long), fry onion till gold, add 2 green choped chillies till light green add cumin and salt,fry for 40sec. or so, add the okra and fry till ready. If you use non stick pan or a yok it becomes much easier.

Ben

Where do you buy a yok?
By Ben
Peter Pan wrote:
Ben wrote:Jono H

Ben

Where do you buy a yok?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben