A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Rob S
Continuing my musical education I remembered a single I liked back in 1976 by Wishbone Ash, and managed to locate a not too expensive CD with it on. The single was 'Goodbye Baby, Hello Friend' from 'Front Page News'.

I am just listening to it, never heard anything else by them, and enjoying it, nice guitaring indeed.

Rob S
By wonko the sane
Good lord. When I was a teenager I had an album (promo copy from some friend or other). Can't remember much about it though.

What I do know is that they (or some incarnation of them) are playing at the High Voltage festival in London in the summer, along with some other real classic names in rock. I keep meaning to buy my ticket.

http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/line ... t-line-up/
By Charles Hunt
Have to confess that I don't know that single.

However, I have Pilgrimage and Argus on CD and play them more than most things. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, Buy Buy Buy.

In fact, if Sally wasn't busy knitting in the front room I'd go and put one on now.

The only advantage of the church is that Sally, and our neighbour through the party wall attend on Sunday mornings. This is the only chance I get to crank the guitar amp and stereo up to 11*.

I think that the current Wishbone Ash only retain the original bass guitarist, and it was the twin lead guitarists that made them exceptional.

*Actually probably 4 or 5, but you get the idea!

Update!! Good News!!

Rosie called to say that she wasn't going to be back to cook tea. Cook gets to choose the music in our house, so I got to play Argus!