A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Morley
I know some of you lot think she can't sing (she can) but her latest single really is a good pop song. Clear lyrics, good (in) tune, catchy hook and no sign of that infernal voice tuner the rest of them use.
I even heard it on a Micky Bubbles song!
By Jim and Pat Dalton
I'm struggling to find it Steve, can't even find it on her site.....give us clue please?

jim
By Jim and Pat Dalton
Sorry I read "latest" as "new" and was looking for a new release...sorry

I agree, I love Lily Allen her songs and lyrics within are fab. I'd have no idea if I was listening to a voice tuner tho!

Jim
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What's a voice tuner?

Peter (tone deaf)
By jaycee58
Auto-tune. A device to cover up the inadequacies of a singer. A lot of them seem to need it these days. Take a look here:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune . Cher deliberately over-used it on the song Believe back in the 90's.

This, along with CD's recorded at a deafening volume so they sound louder on the radio (but dire on a decent hi-fi) are among the things ruining pop and rock music these days.
By Gerard Clarke
I think that Ms Allen is way cool, and v talented, but I do not fancy her like I fancy Florence Welch. Does this make me a bad person?
By Rob S
I am not looking it up but I hope you don't mean 'Florence' as in 'Florence and the machine' as in how to ruin a great song?

If so then you are indeed a very bad man and quite probably should be taken out to the woods and shot.

Rob S
By Morley
She certainly looked fit in a photo shoot for the Observer or Saturday Grauniad. But she is a bit shouty and people often mistake that for an ability to sing.