A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Rob S
I have seen three in my life, all within the last 18 months:

1) Perfect Alibi - Pink Floyd - very average, horrid song selection
2) Los Endos - Genesis - very good, great (and difficult) song selection
3) Steely Scam - Steely Dan - awesome, saw them last night, if you like Steely Dan they are well worth a watch.

Any other good ones?

Rob S
By jaycee58
(1) The Australian Pink Floyd Show - excellent at the UEA, Norwich, in 2005 and I gather they've only got bigger and better since then but I always seem to be abroad whenever they come my way so I've not seen them since.

(2) Bjorn Again - Abba. This was a 10th birthday present for my daughter. She loved them but it was horrible. Weedy sound, lousy cover versions and, I suspect, miming of vocals and some instruments.
By Jim Jones

These were good, but the context was important too.
By Rob S
Jaycee58, APF are on a big tour in the UK this year at about 15 venues.

Rob S
By wonko the sane
If you enjoy classic rock music and have a sense of irony, I can strongly recommend Hayseed Dixie. They do bluegrass tributes of classic rock, typically AC/DC (hence the name) but others too. If you've never heard Black Sabbath's War Pigs played on banjos, then I'd almost be tempted to say you've never lived.

I also used to enjoy The King. This was an Elvis impersonator of sorts, but his idea was that, as Elvis never wrote his own music, and was dead, he'd cover Rock classics in the style of Elvis - but only those of deceased artists. They were excellent.

Other than those, I've tended to just go and see the original artist.
By jaycee58
Rob S wrote:Jaycee58, APF are on a big tour in the UK this year at about 15 venues.

Rob S

And I'm actually home for the tour this year :) . Shame I have to travel so far but I'm used to that as once a group gets even slightly big, East Angular drops off the map!
By G-SPOT
have recently seen Rumours of Fleetwood Mac,,,excellent in looks and sounds, as were the Bootleg Beatles
2 years ago. not really relevant here, but favs that i have seen and would see again,,,bill wyman, with assorted musicians, and paul jones's rythm and blues band.
give me an outdoor concert by Jules Holland R and B and i am a happy chappy for months.