A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Swift
Ive got a few booked , i listen to most music so rather a varied list, the girlfriend is a hard core heavy metal so she aint that happy with some of them!!

March-Lionel Richie Manchester
Australian Pink Floyd-Manchester

June-Kings of Leon -Manchester
Oasis,Kassabian & the enemy-Manchester
AC/DC-Wembley

Anybody else going to anything good?
By eltonioni
Booked so far: Elbow (again) and David Byrne. Events have conspired over the years so that I've waited over 25 years to see DB play live so 'anticipation' would be an understatement.
By Morley
Verdis Requiem next week, My band (I go to all their gigs), Dorian Gray (if you can call that a gig) July
By Moose Malloy
Where is David Byrne playing, eltonioni? Might be tempted.
By ifty
Going to see Oasis in Slane Castle (80,000 :shock: )

Kenny Rogers in March (SWMBO wants to go :roll: )

Christy Moore in March also (front row seats 8) )

thats it for now hopefully more to come.........
By Night Hawk
June - Elton John - Front row seats :lol: :lol:

NH
By Rob S
Might see the Aussie Pink Floyd - saw a DVD of them and they are very good indeed.

Hoping to see Steely Scam at a local venue soon - anyone fancy coming along - Steve M? Friday 27 Feb.

Rob S
By Morley
[quote='Rob S']Might see the Aussie Pink Floyd - saw a DVD of them and they are very good indeed.

Hoping to see Steely Scam at a local venue soon - anyone fancy coming along - Steve M? Friday 27 Feb.

Rob S[/quote]
Not terribly into tribute bands. Not snobbish - just play covers meself so it kind of spoils it. I'd go and see either real lot if they were about though.
By Rob S
Snob
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Status Quo Feb 17th (postponed from Nov due to drummer's illness.)

Was thinking about Elton John but only Carp seats left:
And he did the 'Red Piano ' show on ITV on New Year's Eve, so I 'spose I've seen it.

Peter
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob S wrote:Snob

Would that be the original band, or the tribute lot?

Where and when? :D
By Rob S
Southampton 27 Feb
By wonko the sane
I think all we've actually purchased tickets for so far are Metallica, AC/DC (twice), Prodigy, Terrorvision, Download Festival (R.I.P.). Porcupine Tree have announced a gig in October which I'll get tickets for as soon as they're on sale. Still umming and ahhhing about whether to go to Hammerfest (and probably won't). And .... I think that's it. I'm sure there'll be lots more.

2008 was a very quiet year on the music front for me. Looking back I think there was only 10-12 or so gigs, 2 festivals, and 2 all-dayers. There's usually a lot more going on.