A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By wessex boy
My Wife did some research and bought me a rather nice Epiphone Les Paul Special II in gloss black, feels such a lovely instrument compared to my Crafter Strat copy!

I also got a Behringer Super Wah pedal, so being having some fun with them both!

Bought my 5 year old son a half-sized Johnson Strat copy in electric Blue, he thinks it is fantastic has worked out how to cable up the pedal himself and rocks out in a completely tuneless way! He has watched 'School of Rock' twice in the past 2 days!
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My wife also did some research and bought me one of these 8)

Really quite good for the price.
By wessex boy
Oooh nice, I want a Bass next, in fact I had been dropping hints and when I saw the wrapped up Epiphone I thought it was a Bass, but I am happy with what I got!
By Morley
I got a mug with a monkey on it. :(

Still, she did buy me a Rickenbacker 4003 for me 50th. I want for nothing else.
By wessex boy
Nice!
I got a mug with a 911 on it, apparently not perfect 50:50 weight distribution....
By Morley
As for music she bought me Duffy's Rockferry which has a couple of fantastic tracks on it but sadly is padded with cheap demos. I hope her fame and money produces a better second one. And she bought me the latest Kings of Leon offering. At my age!. Actually it is very good pop music.
By wessex boy
I got Kings of Leon as well!
Yes, agree, very good pop music.
I also got the new Snow Patrol which I haven't had chance to critically listen to yet.
By Morley
At least you're nearer the age. I have to listen to it in secret.
By wessex boy
Yes being 'Just in my Thirties' does make me sound rather youthful.
Shame i will be 'Just in my Forties' next month :oops: