A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Intowind
My Parents need the space, and seeing as I dont live there anymore its time to sell.. :(

Worth a shot but if anyone is interested then let me know. Advert can be found [url=http://marketplace.ukpianos.co.uk/Neumeyer-Berlin-Overstrung-Upright_Qitem100000001245]here[/url].

Intowind.
By jodella
I can't access the ad at the moment. By 'sell' I assume it's in reasonable condition? I've just been told my upright piano needs £300 of work to the dampers - no surprises, but it has made me think of various options. If getting rid, mine would most definitely fall into the 'free to a good home' category!

Admittedly, after playing recently on the likes of a beautiful Klima upright, a nice Yamaha baby grand and a beautiful Steinway grand :wink: , it was a shock to me upon my last visit to Mum and Dad, to realise the relatively poor condition of my own upright piano :cry: :cry:

As it's at my parents' house, I'm not sure whether to restore it or replace it. Considering the small amount of time I'm there, it would seem silly to spend an awful lot of money on a piano for my parents' home, but I tremolo at the thought of visiting them and having no piano to play.
By Steve D
Jodella, I'd say it all depends on the make of the piano, or whether the piano has any sentimental value.

Some are worth spending money on, partly because they have intrinsic value as quality instruments, but more importantly because the work will last and extend the useful life of the piano, again due to the quality of the instrument.

If it's just a cheap knockabout piano, £300 will purchase something secondhand, probably of equal quality, which might not need any work for a few years more.

[url]www.uk-piano.org[/url] is a good place to start.