A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Lindsayp
Having dabbled with the bass guitar off-and-on for many years - about the same as Morley by all accounts but being very far (through lack of practice) from the virtuoso that he undoubtedly must be :oops: , I thought I'd dabble a bit more by practising along with the Garageband software on my recently-purchased Apple iMac. Has anyone got any experience and observations on so doing?

Cheers
Lindsay
By Morley
Try to concentrate on one thing at a time.

Timing - Pick an easy to play song like "How Long" and play it till you fit right in.

Feel - Pick another easy to play song such as "Sex Machine" and try to get in the groove

Genre - Pick an easy rock and roll (or other) type such as "Nadine" and as above, get in the groove.

You will quickly find out what you are best at and then you can search for a larger library within the genre to improve.

And thanks for the compliment. Although by no means virtuoso I am bloody good. 8)
By Lindsayp
Thanks Steve - I have been inspired by your modesty.

I did start getting back into it with a bit of a reunion gig about 6 years ago, after a 20-year break, and some things came back quickly. Got carried away and bought the gear, then the other guys went their own way and I moved on too...

Now I'm just messing about, don't want the commitment of putting a band together, so downsizing to one bass guitar (Mexican Jazz bass because it suits my preference for blues) and Garageband. Meanwhile trying to find the best avenue for selling my Status Matrix (4-string, active, graphite through neck) if you have any suggestions?
By Morley
Much too flashy fer me. I'm a Jazz man too.