A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Steve D
I don't listen to music while working, too distracting. Almost as distracting as certain aviation forums I could mention.

But was listening to Pink Martini "Sympathique" a little earlier, (with another hat on) on a rather fine CD player.
By Keef
Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony.
By Foie Gras
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
[quote='Keef']Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony.[/quote]

I'm getting more into Saint-Saëns - went to see the Organ Symphony at the Barbican a little while back and Dance Macabre has been on the regular playlist since Jonathan Creek started. But it's Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso that I've been enjoying most recently.

...but that doesn't answer the question, but unfortunately it's nowt right now.

Yesterday I enjoyed a good deal of Jimmy Smith's catalogue - I regret not seeing him while he was alive.

FG
By Biggles150
My two Budgies talking to each other :D

With Earl Klugh in the background.
By Foie Gras
[quote='biggles150']With Earl Klugh in the background.[/quote]

Fine taste - with Bob James on the piano?

FG
By PeteSpencer
BlueRobin wrote:Be it radio, mp3 player, CD or LP, what music are you listening to at the moment?

me=Portishead on my Stone MP3 jobbie

I bought a CD of Portishead (Roseland live NYC) a while back after seeing a rather atmospheric Vid of Glory Box.

Didn't like it much.

IMHO Portishead is rightly described as 'Music to Slit Your Wrists to'

Peter :roll:
By Biggles150
[quote='Foie Gras'][quote='biggles150']With Earl Klugh in the background.[/quote]

Fine taste - with Bob James on the piano?

FG[/quote]

And Lenny Price on sax, there's so many fine musicians he's played with.
By BlueRobin
This year seems to be the year when the mythical third album is released. A Worzels version makes it all less serious.
By Ian H
Jack Jones.....In Between Dreams at the moment...
By Jim and Pat Dalton
Ive been listening a lot to Sam Baker for the last couple of months, I keep returning to his work esp "boxes"

Below is "broken fingers" , reflecting his feelings about the boy sat on the other side of the aisle when a bomb went off over the boys mothers head on a train in Peru.

http://www.sambakermusic.com/Fingers.html

A remarkable poet and composer/performer considering his predicament with his hearing and his hands

Just couldn't get tickets to see him, maybe next time?

Other than that ive been having a little trip rediscovering the passion of people like Stefano and Caruso, Thanks to a thread on here that reminded me of my mother and her love of the tenors

Jim
By Ian H
That should have said.....

Jack Johnson.....In Between Dreams at the moment

but I don't know how to do the edit thing..
By Delauney
Ian Brown (ex Stone Roses - my student era) his best tracks are F.E.A.R, all Ablaze and Love Like a Fountain.

Just realised the first two tracks have a aviation leaning :think:
By TheKentishFledgling
[quote='Delauney']Ian Brown (ex Stone Roses - my student era) his best tracks are F.E.A.R, all Ablaze and Love Like a Fountain.

Just realised the first two tracks have a aviation leaning :think:[/quote]

F.E.A.R. is not only one of Ian Brown's best tracks, but one of the best tracks of the last decade. Very cleverly written, too.

tKF
By Sharpie
Emmylou Harris.

Not only a beautiful singer but her songs, since the Wrecking Ball album, have got stronger and more interesting.