A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Steve D
to earn more money that you'd otherwise be capable of making in a "proper" job, doing something you don't really have the originality and/or talent for?
By Gerard Clarke
I am the lead singer in the Smorley tribute band. I took the gig as I like to work sitting down. We are playing Neasden Enormo-Dome (formerly the Old Rat and Parrott) on Friday. Access all area Passes available, but please bring your own coke and hookers, as we only have herb tea and Mavis.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
While Agnetha persistently refuses to come out of her darkened room, Bjorn Again will do quite nicely.

Peter :roll: :roll: :roll:
By wessex boy
Even though not a tribute band, The Gordon Bennett Band do a great range of '80s covers from Pulp to Cult, and make for a thoroughly entertaining evening :D

The best thing was watching them with my Dad, him really enjoying 'She Sells Sanctuary' by the Cult and 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC and me pointing out how much he hated them when I used to listen to them in my yoof 8)
By Stephen Morley
Define tribute band.

A band that dresses and tries to look and act loike the oriuginal playing only their greatest hits. The Bootleg beatles and counterfiet stones being two.

A covers band, such as the Retros, my band plays cover versions of many different bands' music.

I suppose we are a tribute to the sixties but we dont try to emulate. We play 'en like we wrote 'em. Its the only way!