A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Stephen Morley
George wrote:Michael Kamen he of music from "Band of Brothers"? Spine tinglingly brilliant.

Indeed. A hugely talented family and very nice to boot. There is another brother who is a well known classical muso too.
By Gerard Clarke
First single: "Back Home" by the 1970 England World Cup Squad. It was sh*te. First album - can't remember, but possibly something by 10CC - holeee sheet! First proper album: "The Clash" by the Clash. First proper single: not sure, but possibly "Down in the Tube Station at Midnight", by the Jam.

I can proudly say that I have never owned "Rumours", "Tubular Bells", "War of the Worlds" or anything by hairy people with beards, although I have listened to all three (albums, that is, not hairy people). Rumours is alright, unlike the other two, which suck big time monkey balls, on toast.
By Europa508
First single: Groovin' by the Young Rascals
Second single: Soley Soley* :oops:

First album: Argus by Wishbone Ash

* I can't bring myself to write the name of the group...
By Keef
Beethoven's 5th Symphony. Berlin Philharmonic under Ferenc Fricsay, about 1956.
Still got it (somewhere).
By Gerard Clarke
I heard the third before I heard the fifth, but can't recall who the recording was by. I had a cheapo Classics for Pleasure Planets Suite and a full fat, no period instruments, utterly overblown Four Seasons, but started to find the path to enlightenment when someone gave me an i Musici album of Concerti Grossi by Corelli and others of that ilk. Hearing Corelli's Christmas Concerto takes me back even now to my first term as an undergraduate (that, and "The Sweetest Girl" by Scritti Politti - blub !).
By Established Localiser
Jilted John !! by Jilted John.........Classic !!

:oops:

EL
By Wing_Over
Ian Dury and The Blockheads - 'Hit Me With Your Rythm Stick'

Still got it and it still plays - despite the crack.

First album I think was The Beatles double blue compilation ('67 - '72...?)
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath, the start of a long love affair with English Folk music.
By Foie Gras
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Red Light Spells Danger
Billy Ocean

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

FG
By Gerard Clarke
Pete L wrote:"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath, the start of a long love affair with English Folk music.

Wrong thread, Pete: that's "Guilty secrets ".