To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Rob L
Is there a mechanism for identifying the number of replies to an initial post (I'm sure there was in the old forum). I do see that the number of pages is reported, but those can escalate with (for example) photos posted in the Trip Reports.

Rob
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
In the Statistic List ........................................................................................................................................................................................or here ...well
d
o
w
n

h
e
r Somewhere ? In unread Posts Rob . :thumright:
e
Anyone else now finding that on a tablet in portrait mode, the headings at the top (weather, gallery, forum etc) now go blank once you select them ?
In landscape they work ok and the forum tab still the gives the options (new posts, active posts etc)
It worked fine until today in portrait. :?
By JonathanB
Rob L wrote:Is there a mechanism for identifying the number of replies to an initial post (I'm sure there was in the old forum). I do see that the number of pages is reported, but those can escalate with (for example) photos posted in the Trip Reports.

It shows it on the forum page where the topic is listed - if you can't see that because you're on a phone or narrow browser, then click the + button next to the post title.
By Rob L
Ah, I see what you mean.

I use IE, with the "Favorites" in the left hand column. In these circumstances, the page width in not enough to show the posts per. The new site has evidently been designed for use with Google Chrome.
Dave W wrote:When selecting a "Like", can we get rid of the popup confirmation box which tells you that you've just clicked the button that you've just clicked, which you then need to click to dismiss?

I quite like having to confirm that I 'like' something. I am a member of another forum that does not have that confirmation process. It also has another option o marking a post as 'Bullshit', and I have inadvertently marked someone's post as such just by scrolling through the page with my fat fingers on a skinny iPhone. Confirmation would have prevented any embarrassment or offence.

Now, I'm not suggesting we have a Bullshit button on here (I have a feeling it would get worn out through overuse :twisted:). However, can we have the 'view new posts' available on the forum title page again, as this is how I generally view the site. It currently involves 3 or 4 clicks through the drop-down menus to achieve this.
By cotterpot
Under the 'Options' box/Jump to at the bottom of each topic page there doesn't seem to be a way to go directly back to the 'Board Index'. I am correct, or just not seeing the obvious?
The only alternative seems to be to scroll back to the top of the page.
By cockney steve
It would be helpful if the poster's name and avatar also included their location.
Sometimes a nonsenstcal post only makes sense when the poster says"here, in xxx" or something similar.

not vital , but would improve the appeal.
By JonathanB
Not sure it can be changed, but for the moment at least it's in the mini-profile which pops up when you click on the person's avatar.

Interestingly you haven't set your location... ;)
By cockney steve
Ha! thanks, J.B. must have thought I copied my proon details.

for avoidance of doubt.
Location, Uppermill, Saddleworth. A republic where those born locally can elect to play Cricket for Lancashire OR Yorkshire. (if that's your bag)
Now aged 69 body, 29 brain.