To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By john-h
The new layout invites me to load an app called " tapatalk ". Could someone please explain, in simple terms, what this is, what it does, and its potential for messing things up on my tablet ? Thank you.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's a way of interacting with the forums via an app instead of using the web browser. I personally wouldn't bother as the new website works well on mobile devices.

Give it a try if you wish - you can't possibly break anything!
john-h liked this
By johnm
stevelup wrote:It's a way of interacting with the forums via an app instead of using the web browser. I personally wouldn't bother as the new website works well on mobile devices.

Give it a try if you wish - you can't possibly break anything!

I was in charge of operating system validation at ICL in the early 1970s and I could make computers crash just by walking through the computer hall door :-) [/thread drift]
Mz Hedy liked this
By morticiaskeeper
If it ain't on Tapatalk, I don't read it.

Ok, there was a couple of weeks when I couldn't read flyer on it, but I survived. Even Flyer would get less visits from me if I had to use a browser.

I have it on iPad and Android phone, it syncs perfectly so I don't end up reading the same thing twice.

Sent from Tapatalk :-)
By carlmeek
I'm probably being stupid .... I just downloaded tapatalk and I can't for the life of me see how to add flyer forum!
By mick w
carlmeek wrote:I'm probably being stupid .... I just downloaded tapatalk and I can't for the life of me see how to add flyer forum!

You're not on your own ...I'm out . :?
By Bob Upanddown
On Android, it doesn't work. Flyer Forums doesn't come up on their list and the button that says view in app, or whatever, at the top of the Flyer Forum page doesn't work.

I am getting less impressed with this new forum. Where have all the adverts gone??