To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
A while ago we decided that we would no longer delete entire accounts. There are a couple of reasons for this…

- It causes some performance issues for the server
- It spoils many threads in which a poster has participated
- It is disrespectful to those who have engaged in conversation (thread) with the poster
- It makes some/many of those threads meaningless if they are brought up by a search in future
- Thanks to services like waybackmachine etc., the posts will still remain visible to the world for anyone who cares to search for long enough

Thanks

Ian
By hatzflyer
Waveflyer wrote:Good decision.

+1
By IMCR
Great decision.

But following on from the other thread i assume it is tecnically possible for someone to delete their account while leaving their posts to that date intact?
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
But following on from the other thread i assume it is tecnically possible for someone to delete their account while leaving their posts to that date intact?

No, that's not possible (as far as I know).

Ian
By eltonioni
Did somebody ask to flounce?

It's a good call for all the reasons mentioned. Asking to be deleted is like asking a past lover to burn all the letters you sent, once it's in the mail you lose ownership and have to stand by what you said.

(By the way, I had no idea that Gyrocopter Girl had more salacious content online when I started that thread :) )
By Rob P
Flounce = Leaving (often temporarily) the forum but making the most of it with a farewell post explaining to everyone your motivation and maybe adding a parting shot.

Usual form is to monitor the post for a few days in the hope somebody will have said something nice about you, or agreed with you.

Rob P
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Before rejoining with a new name.....