To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Jon Mercer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As soon as I read this I went to click like.
By Jim Jones
Can there be a 'share' button? .

Then my friends on Facebook who used to post here, but no longer even peek just a little bit, can be kept up to date...
By AerBabe
... whether they want to or not. :wink:
By Julius Seizure
What is the purpose of the "Like" button? To pat a post author on the back, to signal agreement, to show solidarity with a friend or ally or what?

I'm not arguing against the proposal, simply suggesting that one needs to consider the community psychology. There's a paper entitled "Social Influence Bias: A Randomized Experiment" that the admin team might like to read as part of their deliberations. You can find it via Google.

The short version is that seeing prior ratings does influence rating behaviour.

At least this is just a "Like" button proposal as opposed to an upvote/downvote system.

JS.
By RobertL
Some of the american sites have a like and thank you button, and they do tend to encourage a nice atmosphere on the site.
By flybymike
I suppose it might save an awful lot of "plus wunning"...
By stevewarbs
flybymike wrote:I suppose it might save an awful lot of "plus wunning"...

+1

:lol:
By AerBabe
I'd rather have a 'like' button than people just typing '+1' or ' :thumleft: ' or similar...
By Keef
AerBabe wrote:I'd rather have a 'like' button than people just typing '+1' or ' :thumleft: ' or similar...

+1
By GrahamB
In the interests of balance can we have 'Don't Like', 'Not Sure', 'DILLIGAF', and 'None of the above' buttons as well, please?
By GrahamB
Consider the 'Like' button pushed.