To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By markrich
Flyer Person
Sorry people. This is proving a bit of a git to fix properly and has been migrated down the todo list.

The priorities for the site is to make sure the server is clean and not infected with anything. I take this very seriously and am personally very unhappy that my security may be compromised but looking around at recent security reports it would seem there is a bit of a blitz going on with web server attacks presently. A Russian phrase from my past comes back to me, "adversity is a good teacher" and I have been working behind the scenes checking files, resetting permissions, and installing new rules to stop anyone doing anything they shouldn't.

Once that has been done and we're happy the machine is clean and the security tightened further, then we will look at the other two remaining issues, avatars and photos on the news page as those are less urgent beacuse they are mainly cosmetic. Don't worry though, we get get them back - including the little sun patting the cats head. I quite like that one! :-)
By Keef
Кризис - хороший учитель eh? It's all those Russian hackers :twisted:
By markrich
Flyer Person
haha... Очень хорошо!

I think I may be dreaming user and group folder permissions tonight.
Time to stop for a bit of a bite and then bed.
By Keef
It looks as if the user avatars are back...

I've restored a few to test, and they all "stuck", so if yours is still not showing:
1. Try refreshing the page in case the "User avatar" box thingy is cached in there.
2. Otherwise, upload it again.
3. If baffled by that, PM me - but it may take a while.
By markrich
Flyer Person
The avatars should now be appearing in your threads. 8)

If they are not, empty your browser cache and try again or refresh the page with your finger on the SHIFT key (that usually bypasses the cached local copy of the page).

I've had a look around and found a couple of broken avatars but cannot be certain if these were broken before they all stopped appearing. In those cases I would simply recommend you upload the image again.

I've also changed mine to make sure that works too. :thumleft:
By markrich
Flyer Person
Keef wrote:It looks as if the user avatars are back...

I've restored a few to test, and they all "stuck", so if yours is still not showing:
1. Try refreshing the page in case the "User avatar" box thingy is cached in there.
2. Otherwise, upload it again.
3. If baffled by that, PM me - but it may take a while.

Seems our message threads crossed. :-)
Same things said with different words.
By Keef
The congrats are to the tech team. All I did was poke some pics into the Admin Control Panel.
By Jim Jones
I must say it was interesting to see what it was like when we all wore burkas .
By mmcp42
most impressed shift-F5 and now ankle deep in avatars
well done chaps :thumleft:
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mine have come back on laptop and PC but not on iThingies.

What should I do?

Peter (Baffled of Bury)
By Keef
Shut them right down (power off) and restart them.
By mmcp42
Keef wrote:Shut them right down (power off) and restart them.

you started so well...:)