To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Keef
It's abysmally slow, but this is the iPad on GPRS. No logging required if this appears.

... and WiFi back on again.
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Still have same problem as Timothy.

At home it tends to stay logged in. If moving around I need to log in again, even if only half an hour gap between visits to the site. That includes laptop, two mobiles and an iPad.
By Keef
Baffling.
I can't spot any obvious difference. You and Timothy don't seem to be on fixed IPs, but the same connections show on most of your posts, so it doesn't look as if that's the problem.

Will ask some techies.
By Timothy
One thing I would point out is that there are two ways to log on. The easier way does not have a "keep me logged in" option. The one one the right, one more button press away, does.

I don't actually think it makes any difference, but maybe that is a place to look?
By townleyc
This is getting worse again - Due to work pressures, I currently only access the forms every few days, and pretty much every time I have to log in.

Grrr...

KE
By Timothy
I have recently been getting quite a few demands to fill in Captcha responses. It seems somewhat random - it tells me that I have attempted to log in too many times and must now complete the Captcha but, needless to say, this is not following any failed attempts (unless someone is trying to login as me and failing, but that seems unlikely).

Also, once I am through the Captcha process, I am logged in, but returned to the login page, which is a big disconcerting until you get used to it.
By Keef
I've had a look at the detailed settings for your account. Most are standard, although your "location" exceeds the size of the data field (it seems to wrap OK, but looks odd in the Admin Control panel). I tweaked a few other settings, more in hope than anger.

I've not heard of the Captcha being triggered other than for a new registration: that's a strange one. Maybe someone IS trying to log in as you...
By Timothy
Maybe if they succeed they'll post wiser things than me :D
By Keef
I won't tell 'em your password (which I don't know anyway) if you don't. That should do it.

When I get a spare half hour, I'll go and have a browse in the logs to see if there's anything meaningful in there.
By Katamarino
Have they given up on fixing this issue? Every other forum I visit the "Keep me logged in" option works just fine, but this doesn't work at all; I've tried on four or five different PCs, different connections, and so on.
By Jon Mercer
It's when you switch between different computers. Use computer A at work in the day and then computer B at home and you'll have to log in each time. I suspect it's a feature to prevent dangling sessions staying open and potentially letting someone in on an account they don't own.

I use an app called Tapatalk on a tablet to work round the issue. But it is a bit frustrating.
By stevelup
No, it's a bug. I use dozens of forums across multiple devices and it only affects Flyer.

Ps. I had to log in to read this message :lol:
By Steve D
I use 2 computers, through the same router (desktop and netbook). Sometimes, as now, I'm posting from the netbook (logged in already when I opened it today) having earlier today posted from the desktop. But I bet, when I go back to the desktop later, it'll have logged me off because I've now used the netbook.