To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Moli
The price plan does seem a bit steep. I renewed my paper subscription yesterday and was told I could have a digital version to go with it for an extra £6 for a year. To good to be true....? Yes it was, the £6 was referring to the digital version apparently available for download on my PC not the Ipad as I hoped. Flyer seem to be missing a trick here, I would have thought paper subscribers would take the Ipad version as well as the paper, if the Ipad version were reasonably priced, at £2.99 I will pass thanks.
The US GA magazine flying, is available as a download through Zinio on Ipad and I paid a fraction of what Flyer want for their mag.....

Moli
By sandy771
So how do I go about cancelling my paper subscription so I can just have the iPad version?

Latest Paper version has sat on a shelf unread - whereas if i had downloaded it, I would have finished while out and about by now.
By Morgan
sandy771 wrote:So how do I go about cancelling my paper subscription so I can just have the iPad version?

Latest Paper version has sat on a shelf unread - whereas if i had downloaded it, I would have finished while out and about by now.

I just phoned the Flyer office

http://www.flyer.co.uk/contact
By splitwagon
Ian

You lost me as a subscriber earlier in the year, the content of the mag seemed a bit samey to me, and I needed to save a bit of money to pay for my fancy new Ipad.

Since then it seems to me that the content got more interesting, and my Ipad was losing its appeal.

So, being able to download Flyer in such a convenient and readable form is really very good for me. My missus is happy because there is less paper for her to moan about, my 36.8Mbit fancy broadband eats the download whole, and I do not think it is expensive.

Well done, excellent idea and do keep it going long-term, my Ipad has a real use for a change!

Simon C
~~~~~~~
By Geobunny
Given that Apple have updated their iOS appstore guidelines to allow different subscription offers outside the app, is there any possibility of a cheaper iPad version for subscribers of the paper copy?

Originally:
the guidelines wrote:11.13 Apps can read or play approved content (magazines, newspapers, books, audio, music, video) that is sold outside of the app, for which Apple will not receive any portion of the revenues, provided that the same content is also offered in the app using IAP at the same price or less than it is offered outside the app. This applies to both purchased content and subscriptions.

(Emphasis mine)

Whereas the section (now 11.14) now says:
Apps can read or play approved content (specifically magazines, newspapers, books, audio, music, and video) that is subscribed to or purchased outside of the app, as long as there is no button or external link in the app to purchase the approved content. Apple will not receive any portion of the revenues for approved content that is subscribed to or purchased outside of the app.
By sandy771
It looks like you you are only putting this years editions onto the app - is this correct or areyou doing back issues?

What about a round up of a/c reviews could do different editions - microlights, tourers, tailwheel...
By Morgan
sandy771 wrote:I was hoping to be gifted one in a PayPal competition :( dont think it is worth apaid upgrade, but would be happy for a freebie

I also wasn't looking to upgrade. Obviously, the key difference is speed. Air Nav Pro becomes almost usable on the iPad 2! Not a good enough reason to splash out the money though. Wait to see what comes of the iPad 3 rumours with a higher resolution screen.

Anyway, still haven't worked out how to transfer the magazine over to the new iPad. Signing into the pocketmags account makes no difference. hmmm
By NMTT
My view is if we already pay a subscription we should be able to have it on the I pad included in the price though I am more than happy to pay a small fee for the app.
By crackled
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does the change in format legislation mean I can scan in my paper copy and read the pdf on my ipad?
:)
I'm happy to pay for the app, but as a subscriber I have paid for the content already.