To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By norman
...it seems to have kept the best of the old, and incorporated some good ideas from other forums (fora??).

One niggle. At the top there is a link "go to top" which lists the topics in that forum. However, when you have scrolled through to the bottom, the same link is not there, so if you do not want to go to the next or the previous, you have to go back one stage, or to scroll all the way up to the top.

But perhaps I am too being fussy. It is a lot better than the others, and also than it was.

Incidentally, why does one choose a particular forum, and avoid others. Or to put it bluntly, why did the contributors to this forum not migrate to another, such as Pilotweb, while this was indisposed? Perhaps they did, in which case where?
By Jane
Went onto Pilot Forum but not much there. Not so much good natured chat as on the General Discussion Forum of Flyer, and after all Flyer Forums lead to Flyer Forum Flyins.
By Neil Gascoigne
" why did the contributors to this forum not migrate to another, such as Pilotweb, while this was indisposed?"

***sshhhhhh!****** Don't tell anyone I told you so but some of us went to pprune and was occupied anyway with the FLYER List http://www.flyerlist.org.uk ;-)))
By norman
I tried it, and it worked. This is what they say about themselves. It looks as if it is worth ading to my flying forum bookmarks.

"...a discussion group and community for pilots and all interested in aircraft and flying.

We are a happy group of about 300 people, and offer a warm welcome to any who wish to join us.
Do feel free to subscribe to receive Flyer List messages, and to get to know us. "
By Neil Gascoigne
The truth is out. When you read FLYER mag now, you'll know what the references to the "FLYER List" mean.
By Phil W
I too migrated to pprune, but it is not so friendly as the Flyer forum, so I have migrated back!
I will have to give the Flyer list a go.
By David Williams
The Flyer List is great - but for different reasons. You'll need to set up some kind of filtering so that all the "List" emails get put into a separate folder. It's not uncommon to receive several _hundred_ emails in a day, which would otherwise drown out your "normal" emails. Thankfully all List emails contain the word "FLYER:" in the subject line which makes it easy to set up a filtering rule to cope with this.

But don't desert the Forum though! There's lots of people who contribute to both.
By Rupert S
i went to pprune, became overwhelmed with the sheer volume of postings, moved to the pprune chat room and what do you know.. some guy doing atpl in cranfield sent me a whole load of software
By Stewart Ross
Hi,

Smart new format ! A small niggle, on another forum there is a debate going on about excessive American content, can I ask why the date at the top of all, is in American format?