To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Micromouse
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It took me awhile to find a new posts link. There seems to be a big difference between new posts and active posts
By kanga
On 'logout' and 'signout' .. curious quirk newly discovered in the Windows/Firefox laptop:

If I 'login' via the 'old' url (which still works):

index.php

.. it comes up with a subpane on which I can 'login' (sic); ie, I can see Notifications numbers and can Post and Comment. However, the top of the page still has the 'sign in' (sic) and 'subscribe' buttons. At the end of the session I cannot find a 'logout' under the '3 bars' symbol menu, so effectively stay 'logged in'; ie, if I return to the site later I find I am still 'logged in', even if I switch off the computer between sessions.

If I go straight to the normal 'home page'

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/

I there see the 'sign in' and 'subscribe' buttons. If I then 'sign in', I am now 'logged in', and I also now see the 'dashboard' button. I can then find a 'logout' button under the '3 bars' menu. If I 'logout' with it I am no longer 'logged in' when I return.

This means that I now know how to 'logout', but it's a curious anomaly.

I still have not found a way to 'logout' on the Android/Chrome tablet/'phone
By sean-2103
That's me above trying to find my membership access with help from [usermention=182][color=#AA0000]@TheKentishFledgling[/color][/usermention] !

Edited to say it obviously doesn't recognise me still..
By seanxair
Thanks to [usermention=182][color=#AA0000]@TheKentishFledgling[/color][/usermention] and the tech team behind the scenes I seem to have been resurrected!
T6Harvard liked this
By townleyc
IS it me, or is it difficulty to find any new content?
All of the articles seem to be from last year, except for one news item that is since the last magazine, and I found by chance a new p[eice from Steve Slater.
It might be easier if listed articles contained a date in the lst, or there were filters to set to only see new content.

KE
By Paultheparaglider
kanga wrote:

> If I go straight to the normal 'home page'
>
> https://forums.flyer.co.uk/
>
> I there see the 'sign in' and 'subscribe' buttons. If I then 'sign in', I
> am now 'logged in', and I also now see the 'dashboard' button. I can then
> find a 'logout' button under the '3 bars' menu. If I 'logout' with it I am
> no longer 'logged in' when I return.
>
> This means that I now know how to 'logout', but it's a curious anomaly.
>
> I still have not found a way to 'logout' on the Android/Chrome
> tablet/'phone

Kanga,

That works for me on my Samsung android tablet using chrome. Thanks. I hope you find it will also work for you if you try again.

Paul.
By Milty
Milty wrote:
> Very minor issue and no urgency, but I'm not showing as a member and I am.
> Many people I meet frequently say I'm a complete and utter member and it
> would be nice to be formally recognised for it.
>
> Site looks good so far. On the old forum, there was an option to search
> for 'my posts'. I've not found similar but there are other ways so again,
> not a massive issue.
>
> I have just checked on mobile to see if it's working on that. On sign-in,
> it advised that I've been temporarily blocked (HTTP response code 503).

Fixed - much appreciated. Keep up the great work.

Small confession - only used to come here for the forum. Didn't really realise there was so much other stuff going on. Cracking job and great to see businesses/people moving with the times. So easy for magazines to just bury their heads in the sand and die a slow death. I think it is superb that you offer something of value, recognise and monetise it in a fair way. I hope the business model works out for you.
By kanga
Paultheparaglider wrote:
> kanga wrote:
>
> > ..
> > I still have not found a way to 'logout' on the Android/Chrome
> > tablet/'phone
>
> Kanga,
>
> That works for me on my Samsung android tablet using chrome. Thanks. I hope you find
> it will also work for you if you try again.
>
>

ah, now seems to work on my Android Moto 'phone. 'Sign out' button to login, then 'sign out' appears under the '3 bars'. I'll check Android tablet shortly

[this on the laptop, tablet in another room]
By avtur3
I really don't like how previous posts are quoted ... it is like going back 20 years to the days of old dial up forums, for me it is a definite backwards step. not at all representative of moving forwards . :thumbdown:
By Hexsplosions
Two things.

The first one...

Hexsplosions wrote:
> SSO doesn't appear to work reliably.
>
> I am logged into the website using the "remember me" feature, but
> the forum does not show me as logged in, meaning I can't track unread posts
> or post messages. I have to logout and back in again.

This actually looks to be related to logging on from multiple devices. I interchange between my desktop and my iPhone. If I log into the forum on one, the login on the other device will no longer work. It creates an inconvenient logging on/off situation when switching between devices.

The second one...

I paid for FLYER Club membership but still don't show as a FLYER Club Member. I saw previously on this thread that it was fixed for somebody else.
By skydriller
I am sure that these "snags" are already reported and known about, but this is my roundup over the last however long for input :

-New Quote thing sucks... really hard to follow who has said what...
-Cant see pics people have posted recently since "the change" just a web address.
-links dont appear to work in posts.
-Something odd going on with the login - sometimes it works showing what I havent seen & sometimes it doesnt, keep having to logout then re-login.
-there are multiple posts still missing from threads before "the change".
-some of the symbols on the posts arent there - appears random as to which ones, ie like button or quote button etc.

Of all the things above, I think the missing posts is most irritating, followed by the quote thing... Still using the Forum though!!

Regards, SD..
By Hexsplosions
skydriller wrote:
> -Something odd going on with the login - sometimes it works showing what I
> havent seen & sometimes it doesnt, keep having to logout then re-login.

By chance, are you switching devices or browsers? I've noticed this too, but it seems to happen when I switch between my desktop and then my iPhone. I'm logged into the webiste on both, but one or the other will not be logged in properly to the forum.