To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's nearly impossible to find one of the benefits of membership 'free one-off AME advice'.

Following a query from a new poster I tried....

It, and some others are bliddy hard to find!

I had to log in as a member (!), look at the member benefits page, notice the very discrete 'more' beside one of the big boxes relating to a benefit, click More, scroll around and THERE - Free one-off query with AME.

**** It doesn't appear in the subscriber benefits lists at all, when you are deciding which cat of membership to go for. ****
Hexsplosions liked this
By skydriller
Hexsplosions wrote:
> By chance, are you switching devices or browsers? I've noticed this too, but it seems
> to happen when I switch between my desktop and then my iPhone. I'm logged into the
> webiste on both, but one or the other will not be logged in properly to the forum.

Ill have to check...I have an older Ithing phone, use a couple of different tablets and a laptop, depending where I am & what Im doing when I dip into the forum...
By TopCat
Ok, just to say, I'm starting to find the lack of feedback (other than 'we're working on it') and timescales relating to the fixing of the snags increasingly irritating.

IMO by far the highest priority is the reinstating of BBCode, proper quotes, and the ability to format content nicely. Everything else pales into insignificance.

AFAICS, I'm currently getting absolutely zero benefit from the single login across forum and main site, but the forum is *much* less usable for me. The content of many posts is completely hidden (without clicking the quote button), likewise PMs.

Flyer is more about community than articles about gear for me, and this 'upgrade' is starting to take on the feel of something a bit borked to me.

Happy to cut the techs some slack, but an idea of what's actually going on, and when the forum in particular will be restored to its former glory would be much appreciated.
JAFO liked this
By skydriller
[usermention=28542]@Hexsplosions[/usermention] , WRT the login - both my tablets appear logged in properly.
The issue is with my laptop & phone - I think...
By riverrock
Minor one:
Within articles, links look identical to normal text, so it is only by luck that you know that something is a link.
By Highland Park
Somehow, I’ve managed to regain access to this forum, more by luck than design (I think!), but just a very minor thing: I don’t appear to be showing as as a club member even though it’s clear I’m using the same email address for the forum and club?

Like others, I’m struggling with reading replies that contain quotes currently….

Ian
By avtur3
Adding a jpeg image to a post used to be very easy.

Somehow, I now can't get the function to work.

I have tried various search terms to find threads which might contain advice on this, but obviously I haven't found the right choice of words because I can't find an answer.

Any help to either point me towards any previous discussion on this (since the upgrade) or just a straight forward answer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Sooty25 liked this
By avtur3
TheKentishFledgling wrote:
> That's coming in the next round of updates. Timing on this (and the
> restoration of BBCode) hoping to be confirmed soon.

Ah, so not down to me for once :lol:

Many thanks
By Earl Grey
Not so much a snag but more the way the site works. I don't understand why there isn't a button for Flyer Club on the home page...the Club stuff now appears to be hidden under "Your Dashboard". It would make more sense (to me anyway :D ) if the Landing Fees button was changed to Flyer Club and the usual benefits (inc Landing Fees) found there.

Apologies if this has already been raised ........

EG
T6Harvard liked this
By kanga
I think I'm now understanding the old Login/new Signin functions (possibly not yet working as intended!) on PC/tablet/'phone

a. Exercising either allows you to see numbers of your own Notifications and (with 1 more button push than before) to reach each of them in turn

[ I also note that there is now no indication that a Notification has been actioned, so chasing down which is the remaining 'unactioned' one from a long list may be tiresome]

b. Exercising either allows you to Like, to Post, to Comment, and to Edit or Delete ones own Posts/Comments

c. However, only Signin allows you to see your 'Dashboard', and then offers a Signout button; there is now no Logout if you enable actions via Login - so you stay Logged-in
By riverrock
riverrock wrote:
> Just want to check, as I keep my name non-public, if I put my details into
> https://flyer.co.uk/my-account/edit-account/ will those detailed become
> public (forum bio, etc), or is that just used for generating the landing
> vouchers?
I can't find the reply, but this was answered in the affirmative (so landing vouchers only).
However the name you set in your profile appears if you comment on an article (rather than forum name), so I've reverted to having my pseudo name set. I'm sure I can briefly swap it for landing vouchers but just want to warn people if you comment on articles.
T6Harvard, AndyR liked this
By skydriller
Is it just me getting a wee bit miffed at not being able to see the pictures people post ?

And cut/paste into your browser I hear you say - errr, no, not working all the time either....

Regards, SD..

PS : I'm less interested in Fredrickshaffen (so?) than having a working forum...
T6Harvard, Cessna571 liked this
By Cessna571
skydriller wrote:
> Is it just me getting a wee bit miffed at not being able to see the
> pictures people post ?
>
> And cut/paste into your browser I hear you say - errr, no, not working all
> the time either....
>
> Regards, SD..
>
> PS : I'm less interested in Fredrickshaffen (so?) than having a working
> forum...

Are people posting pictures?
I’ve just presumed we can’t now.
There’s a load of posts with text missing too for me. Just blank posts. Lots of them.

I’m really hoping the coming update sorts it. Surely this isn’t what happened when they beta tested the upgrade with some forumites.

I don’t know if they are using a 3rd party, but I think for those of us in IT, we’d know we’d lose our jobs if an upgrade went like this.

If they are using a 3rd party, they need to look for a different third party.
By Rob P
I am getting totally peeved waiting for the images upload, the ability to use bold or italic and the return of a readable 'quote' function and associated @username.

Has work stopped on getting the forum even back up to where it was? I am not sure what 'improvements' there have been.

Rob P