To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
During the four week public beta of the site, could you post any snags in this thread please?

Thanks for your help

Ian & team
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Morning G-BLEW!

Congratulations to all for getting this valuable resource up and running again. In a smart format too.

Iceman mentioned it elsewhere, but some threads appear to be missing the text. They just show the user name and then a blank space where the words should be.
G-BLEW, kanga liked this
By jon
Trying to login, with my username and password, but showing someone else's details inc different email.
My login works, doesn't allow me to change my details though

Managed to change my password now, but email address is still wrong and won't allow me to update it.
Says email address already registered...

One last thing, my Dashboard profile says I'm a Flyer Club Member, but I'm not (yet)

All sorted, thanks
Last edited by jon on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Paul_Sengupta
I tried to click on notifications at the top and it says:

Error 521 Ray ID: 6fb2927efaffe660 • 2022-04-13 07:43:45 UTC
Web server is down
By rikur_
I guess it's part of the BBCode issue - but any posts containing quotes are blank.
Or is this a new feature to stop those that annoyingly quote entire threads in their post :wink:
By Milty
Very minor issue and no urgency, but I'm not showing as a member and I am. Many people I meet frequently say I'm a complete and utter member and it would be nice to be formally recognised for it.

Site looks good so far. On the old forum, there was an option to search for 'my posts'. I've not found similar but there are other ways so again, not a massive issue.

I have just checked on mobile to see if it's working on that. On sign-in, it advised that I've been temporarily blocked (HTTP response code 503).
G-BLEW liked this
By WelshRichy
The new site looks lovely and well done on getting this far. :D

I have seen a couple of issues, the first of which will be a very quick win for the developers.

If you click on "Home" it obviously takes you to the Flyer Homepage (https://www.flyer.co.uk/) which is what you would expect. However, when you are within the forums themselves it defaults to the Forums homepage (https://forums.flyer.co.uk/). I don't think this was the intended functionality.

Also, if you are not logged in and try to reply to a thread the old sign in form doesn't work anymore (doesn't recognise my new login, probably points back to the old database) but signing in using the new sign in at the top does work as intended.
Last edited by WelshRichy on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
G-BLEW liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Thanks, keep them coming.

Don't forget to look at the rest of the site, there's loads of content, all in a format that should be (we hope) a pleasure to read whichever device you are looking at. Please add any snags found there to this thread.

Thanks

Ian
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
jon wrote:
> Trying to login, with my username and password, but showing someone else's
> details inc different email.
> My login works, doesn't allow me to change my details though
>
> Managed to change my password now, but email address is still wrong and
> won't allow me to update it.
> Says email address already registered...
>
> One last thing, my Dashboard profile says I'm a Flyer Club Member, but I'm
> not (yet)

Could you please try to log out, and then back in again? If you are still seeing the problem, please email me a screenshot ics 'at' seager 'dot' aero

Thanks

Ian
By TopCat
Ok here's one. Seems to be on nearly all the pages.

The header section loads after the rest of the page, which makes the rest of the page jump down. Visually this is already becoming quite irritating. Often I'm finding I've already got the mouse poised to click a link, and then the header loads which moves the rest of the page. That's a bit annoying too.

I've tried it in Firefox and Opera so far, they're both much the same. In Firefox I use Adblock Plus, but not in Opera, so I'm wondering if it's because of the ad block loading.

It's not a show-stopper for me, but if you have to wait for the header and ad to load, it would be nice if the page didn't have to resize.
rikur_, Earl Grey liked this
By kanga
TheKentishFledgling wrote:
> BBCode is currently disabled on the forum, which explains why some threads
> will be missing formatting, text etc. This is a short term thing ..

Does BBCode include things like Bold and Italic ? Those options seem to be missing in posting panes
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
[usermention=272]@kanga[/usermention] Yes, amongst other things. That will get sorted.
[usermention=862]@TopCat[/usermention] Yes, we're aware of that, and it is on the list

Thanks

Ian
PS Evidence of no BB code :-)
TopCat liked this
By tbm700
I've just gone on my profile, and it has asked me to fill in my details. When doing so, it just goes around in circles taking me back to the fill in my details page, where it asks me o do same again.

Steve.